Squier Affinity Starcaster, Maple, Black
Squier Affinity Starcaster, Maple, Black Overview.
The Starcaster broke the mold of semi-hollow guitar design with its offset body shape when it was introduced in the ‘70s, offering versatile sound and out-of-this-world styling for the most adventurous players. The Affinity Series Starcaster creates massive tone courtesy of its dual Squier humbucking pickups and is easy to play thanks to its slim, comfortable “C”-shaped neck profile. This Squier model also features a unique contoured headstock, an adjustable bridge with stop tailpiece for solid tuning stability, durable chrome-plated hardware and a smooth satin neck finish for a natural feel.
- Body Laminated Maple
- Body Finish Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape Starcaster®
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Finish Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape "C" Shape
- Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Maple
- Fingerboard Radius 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets 22
- Frets Size Narrow Tall
- String Nut PPS
- Nut Width 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays Black Dot
- Truss Rods Head Adjust
- Bridge Pickup Standard Humbucking
- Neck Pickup Standard Humbucking
- Controls Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration HH
- Bridge Adjustable with Stop Tailpiece
- Hardware Finish Chrome
- Tuning Machines Die-Cast
- Pickguard None
- Control Knobs Skirted Amp Knobs
- Strings Nickel Plated Steel .009-.042 Gauges
Amazing guitar, great shape and weight, sounds excellent and feels great! Great intermediate guitar and one that you should buy if you have a strat and a tele and are wondering what to buy next. If Squier keep pumping out guitars like these, Fender will better watch out!
Not only looks different but both pickups are double coil; unlike the standard on Stratocaster (and Telecaster) of being single coil. Being this way gives them much more 'gusto' in the sound produced.