Squier Affinity Telecaster, Race Red, Laurel
The Squier Affinity Series Telecasters are a great option for beginners and younger players who want the classic Tele design and sound at an affordable price. Squier guitars are made by Fender so you can expect great quality and the classic design, but Squier’s cheaper manufacturing methods keep the costs low.
The bodies are made from alder, a more affordable alternative to ash, the necks are made from maple and are a slim and comfortable “C”-shaped neck, perfect for people who are just starting to learn. The fingerboards are made from either Indian laurel (on models Slick Silver, Race Green, Race Red, and Competition Orange ) or Maple (on models Butterscotch Blonde, Arctic White, 2 Tone Sunburst, and Black). There’s dual Squier single-coil Tele pickups with 3-way switching, a six-saddle bridge, and sealed die-cast tuning machines.
Squier has taken all the beloved features of the Telecaster and created a version that’s accessible for people with a lower budget, but still looks and sounds great.
A superb gateway into the time-honored Fender family, the Squier Affinity Series Telecaster delivers legendary design and quintessential tone for today’s aspiring guitar hero. This Tele features several player-friendly refinements such as a slim and comfortable “C”-shaped neck profile, a 6-saddle bridge for fine intonation adjustment and sealed die-cast tuning machines for smooth, accurate tuning. Loaded with dual Squier single-coil Tele pickups with 3-way switching for genre-defying sonic variety, this model is ready to accompany any player at any stage.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Polyurethane
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.6" (40.6 mm)
- Position Inlays: Dot
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Standard
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage-Style Single-Coil Tele
- Neck Pickup: Vintage Style Single-Coil Tele
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade:
- -Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- -Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups
- -Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Top-Load Tele
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Standard Die-Cast
- Pickguard: 1-Ply White
- Control Knobs: Dome Style
- Switch Tips: Top Hat Style
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Black Plastic Parts, Top Hat Switch Tip, Black Silkscreen Logo, Dot Position Inlays
No upgrades available
Sorted , well chuffed ...
Excellent value for money.
Great value guitar. Good intonation and play-ability. Bought for slide and country - ideal for both. Am sure some better pickups may improve it, but is good enough out of the box for most of us! Oh - one thing to note - it is more orangey red than it looks in pics. I would have preferred blood red as it looks in pics but hey....