Squier Classic Vibe '50s Stratocaster, Maple, Fiesta Red
Squier Classic Vibe '50s Stratocaster, Maple, Fiesta Red Overview.
A celebration of the birth of the Strat® in the 1950s, the Classic Vibe ‘50s Stratocaster creates incredible tone courtesy of a trio of Fender-Designed alnico single-coil pickups. Player-friendly features include a slim, comfortable “C”-shaped neck profile with an easy-playing 9.5”-radius fingerboard and narrow-tall frets, as well as a vintage-style tremolo system for expressive string bending effects. This throwback Squier model also features 1950s-inspired headstock markings, rich-looking nickel-plated hardware and a slick vintage-tint gloss neck finish for an old-school vibe.
- Body Pine
- Body Finish Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape Stratocaster®
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Finish Tinted Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape "C" Shape
- Scale Length 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Maple
- Fingerboard Radius 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets 21
- Frets Size Narrow Tall
- String Nut Bone
- Nut Width 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays Black Dots
- Truss Rods Head Adjust
- Bridge Pickup Fender® Designed Alnico Single-Coil
- Middle Pickup Fender® Designed Alnico Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup Fender® Designed Alnico Single-Coil
- Controls Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge/Middle Pickup)
- Pickup Switching 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration SSS
- Bridge 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish Nickel
- Tuning Machines Vintage-Style
- Pickguard 1-Ply White
- Control Knobs Aged White Plastic
- Strings Nickel Plated Steel .009-.042 Gauges
The action was very poor with buzzing on strings 1,2,3 and 5 however this was soon rectified, and adjusted to suite my requirements. This is a very good guitar for the price, however the one thing that did let it down was the tremelo it is very heavy and not very responsive. No where near as good as my Strat lonestar MIM
Good guitar but the tremelo is not very good and would have been better if it had the deluxe model floyed rose tremelo.
Guitar great, but should have been set up especially tremolo (floating or fixed) as needs special skill to set.
Massive step up from my Squier Affinity Strat, it's better in every way literally. I took a gamble on having the gloss neck but it's fine my personal preference is Rosewood but as that's not available it's a nice change. Highly recommend for anyone wanting a decent Strat without the massive price tag.
Very nice guitar , outstanding finish, excellent value at a good price. Only negative is , for the sake of just maybe another £10 on production costs , a full tremelo block transforms these guitars . But would rate the overall product 5 stars.