Squier Classic Vibe '60s Jazzmaster, Laurel Fingerboard, Olympic White
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Jazzmaster, Laurel Fingerboard, Olympic White Overview.
The Fender Classic Vibe ‘60s Jazzmaster is a faithful and striking homage to the iconic Fender favorite, producing undeniable Jazzmaster tone, courtesy of its dual Fender-Designed alnico single coil pickups. Player-friendly features include a slim and comfortable “C”-shaped neck profile with an easy-playing 9.5”-radius fingerboard and narrow-tall frets, a vintage-style tremolo system for expressive string bending effects, and a floating bridge with barrel saddles. This throwback Squier model also features 1960s inspired headstock markings, nickel-plated hardware and a slick vintage-tinted gloss neck finish for an old-school aesthetic.
- Body: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Jazzmaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Tinted Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dots
- Truss Rods: Head Adjust
- Bridge Pickup: Fender® Designed Alnico Single-Coil
- Middle Pickup: N/A
- Neck Pickup: Fender® Designed Alnico Single-Coil
- Controls: Lead Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Down): Volume (Neck), Volume (Bridge), Master Tone; Rhythm Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Up): Two Thumbwheel Controls for Neck Pickup Volume and Tone
- Pickup Switching: Neck pickup only (rhythm circuit); neck only, neck and bridge, bridge only (lead circuit)
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style with Non-Locking Floating Vibrato
- Hardware Finish: Nickel
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Aged White
- Strings: NPS, .009-.042 Gauges
- Dimensions: 4.00x15.00x44.50 IN
- Weight: 10.00 LB
Brand new out of the box volume pot not working, also crack in paint around neck pocket, the actual neck pocket was a poor fitting where the neck joined, action verry high. I am now waiting for a replacement hopefully will be better.
Poor quality. Unplayable out of the box. I realise these are cheap guitars but I shouldn't have to spend £80 on a pro set-up just to make it playable. I had to send it back and now GAK are trying to sort out a replacement. Bad form Squier.
Couldn't be more pleased. I bought this from GAK for £290. The quality of build and finish is 1st class. I have looked at American and Mex Jazz master guitars in stores and I can't honestly say that I can see that much of a difference between these and the classic vibes for build quality. I can't comment on the electronics and hardware as I am not an enthusiast in this field, but the squier sounds and plays like the higher priced instruments to me. Buy at this price and you won't regret.
So pleased with the Jazzmaster. The updated bridge works a treat - no string popping! The pickups are not as harsh as some online reviewers would have you believe. Just using your tone control judiciously makes a big difference. Lovely and sparkly. A note on the tremolo arm. Everyone says they fall out. They do...but that’s because people don’t fit them properly. I had to really push this down so that the bend of the TREM arm hit the collett. No click, but it’s going nowhere now. Perfect. No need to buy staytrems etc! Just fit it properly.