Squier J5 John 5 Signature Telecaster Frost Gold
Squier J5 John 5 Signature Telecaster Overview by GAK
John 5 is a self-described "Fender fanatic" with a jaw-dropping collection of his favorite instrument, the Telecaster—"the greatest guitars ever built, by far," in his words. His Squier signature model, the J5 Telecaster, is a double-bound beauty based on his oft-modded workhorse Telecaster that appears on his myriad recordings. Eye-catching and thick-sounding, this is a beast of a guitar.
Featuring Black with chrome hardware or Frost Gold with gold hardware, Modern "C"-shaped neck profile, Custom-designed humbucking pickups, Special dual-volume control setup, Matching headstock and a Double-bound body.
For an especially refined look, the J5 Telecaster features elegant white binding on the top and bottom of its toneful alder body.
The three-way pickup switch mounted on the upper bout of the J5 Telecaster selects between bridge pickup alone, both pickups at once or neck pickup alone for a wealth of tonal variation.
This instrument features a modern neck designed for comfort and performance, with a contemporary "C"-shaped profile (the shape of the neck in cross section) and a smooth back finish—ideal for those who play with the thumb on the back or side of the neck.
- Body: Alder
- Finish: Polyester Finish
- Neck: 1-Piece Maple, Modern "C" Shape, (Gloss Polyester Finish)
- Fingerboard: Laurel 12" Radius (305mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Hardware: Chrome
- Tuning Keys: Die-Cast Tuners
- Bridge: Tele® 6-Saddle Bridge for Humbucking Pickup
- Pickguard: Polished Stainless Steel Pickguard
- Neck Pickup: Custom Humbucking Pickup; AlNiCo II Magnet
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Humbucking Pickup; Ceramic Magnet
- 3-Position Toggle:
- -Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- -Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups
- -Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume (Bridge Pickup), Volume (Neck Pickup)
- Strings: Super 250L, (.009 to .042) Nickel Plated Steel
- Other: "C" Shape Maple Neck, Matching Black Painted Headstock, Bound Top and Back, Toggle Switch Mounted on Upper Bout, Chrome Switch Tip, Front Volume Control for Bridge Pickup, Rear Volume Control for Neck Pickup, Polished Stainless Steel Pickguard, White Dot Position Inlays, Silver Squier Logo, Synthetic Bone Nut