Squier Paranormal Series Super-Sonic, Ice Blue Metallic
Squier Paranormal Series Super-Sonic, Ice Blue Metallic Overview.
The Squier Paranormal Series has been one of the most anticipated releases of 2020, offering a whole range of extremely cool, quirky guitars at a price point that will make it within the reach of most.
The Paranormal Super-Sonic is stranger than fiction with its reverse body shape and headstock, producing massive tone courtesy of its dual Squier Atomic humbucking pickups. The Super-Sonic is lightning fast with its “C”-shape neck profile and narrow 1.5” nut width, and also features a vintage-style tremolo for expressive string bending effects. With its otherworldly looks, transcendent playability and earth-shattering tone, this model will transport any player into a Paranormal realm.
Shipping in July
- Body Poplar
- Body Finish Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape Super-Sonic
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Finish Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Shape "C" Shape
- Scale Length 24" (610 mm)
- Fingerboard Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets 22
- Frets Size Narrow Tall
- String Nut Bone
- Nut Width 1.575" (40mm)
- Position Inlays Pearloid Dot
- Truss Rods Head Adjust
- Bridge Pickup Atomic Humbucking
- Neck Pickup Atomic Humbucking
- Controls Volume 1. (Bridge Pickup), Volume 2. (Neck Pickup)
- Pickup Switching 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration HH
- Bridge 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish Chrome
- Tuning Machines Vintage-Style
- Pickguard 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid
- Control Knobs Black Plastic
- Strings Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
A beautiful and well-built instrument for an affordable price. It played superbly straight out of the box and will need minimum tweaks from me. I'll put .010s on it rather than the .009s it came with and adjust trem tension and intonation accordingly but I'm pretty sure that's all I'll need to do. Some budget guitars fall down on fret finishing but these are spot on! The pick ups sound really good, not too hot despite their 'Atomic' designation. I really couldn't be happier with this guitar; it looks and feels like a much more expensive instrument!
Good looking, well finished good value guitar with some quirky features. Hot pickups so suited to rock styles. They have a bit of a chequered reputation for tuning stability. I had to return first one as the trem was not square to to the neck, stable tuning was impossible. Second one fine. Tuners rather awkward to adjust with reverse headstock. No tone controls just volume control for each pickup plus 3 way pickup selector. Takes a bit of getting used too. Comfortable fairly slim neck. Plays easily.