Squier Paranormal Series Toronado, Mystic Seafoam
Squier Paranormal Series Toronado
The Squier Paranormal Series is a range of unique and quirky guitars and basses, featuring altered specs, once-forgotten shapes and classic/vintage hybrids and come in a range of finishes.
The Squier Paranormal Toronado was first introduced by Fender in 1998 and became a fresh face in the crowd of offset guitars. It was discontinued a few years later and built up a cult fan base ever since. It has now been revamped and included as part of the Paranormal Series with many of the unique features found on the original, so you can get your hands on this fan-favourite again.
The Toronado has a lightweight poplar body and a unique 24.75” scale length that’s associated with Fender’s main rival, and gives the strings less tension and makes it easier to bend. It also has a durable bolt-on maple neck with a comfortable ‘C’-shaped profile and a silky gloss finish. The fretboard is made of Indian laurel with 22 ‘narrow tall’ frets and a 9.5” radius making it easy and comfortable to play.
The Paranormal Toronado has a 6-saddle strings-through-body hardtail bridge and is paired with vintage-style tuning machines to deliver solid tuning stability and smooth action.
For pickups, it has a pair of punchy, high-output Atomic humbuckers that deliver amazing clarity when used with distortion. The neck humbucker is bright, while the bridge humbucker delivers a rich and sharp attack without sounding too brash.
The Squier Paranormal Toronado is a great workhorse guitar that’s great for playing most styles of music, and for those who want something a little more unique. The Toronado is completed with chrome hardware, a parchment pickguard, and is available in 3-Colour Sunburst, Black and Mystic Seafoam.
- Body Poplar
- Body Finish Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape Toronado
- Neck Material Maple
- Neck Finish Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Shape "C" Shape
- Scale Length 24.75" (629 mm)
- Fingerboard Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets 22
- Frets Size Narrow Tall
- String Nut Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays Pearloid Dot
- Truss Rods Single Action, Head Adjust
- Controls Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Pickup Switching 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration HH Atomic Humbucking
- Bridge 6-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Hardtail
- Hardware Finish Chrome
- Tuning Machines Vintage-Style
- Pickguard 3-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs Knurled Flat-Top
- Strings Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)