Squier Jim Root Telecaster Flat Black
Squier Jim Root Telecaster Flat Black Overview by GAK
Squier® brings you a brand-nu signature model—the crushing Squier Jim Root Telecaster®. Designed in cooperation with the acclaimed Slipknot/Stone Sour guitarist, it boasts several foreboding features, such as a black or white satin-matte finish, starkly simple control layout, two pulverizing passive humbucking pickups with black covers and blacked-out hardware, including tuning machines.
Featuring a Mahogany body, Maple neck with “C”-shaped profile and 22-fret rosewood fingerboard with 12” radius, Dual passive humbucking pickups with black covers, Three-way pickup switch and single control knob (master volume), Strings-thru-bodyTelecaster bridge and Black hardware.
These humbucking pickups feature sleek black covers for a distinctive look.
In a pleasingly malevolent touch, the sparsely appointed Jim Root Tele features an all-black bridge, controls, bridge pickup bezel, tuners, strap buttons and more.
This instrument features a fingerboard radius (the amount of curvature across the width of the fingerboard) that, at 12", is substantially more flattened than both a vintage-style 7.25" radius and a modern 9.5" radius. Feels notably flat even though there’s still slight curvature—great for bending notes without fretting out.
The satin finish on this model is a smooth and stylish touch, offering a muted matte finish appearance versus the glassy sheen of conventional gloss finishes.
This model features a hardtail bridge, rather than the classic tremolo, engineered for enhanced tuning stability and sustain. This design element also hearkens back to the early- to mid-'70s when hardtail guitars surged in popularity again.
This instrument features a modern neck designed for comfort and performance, with a contemporary "C"-shaped profile (the shape of the neck in cross section) and a smooth back finish—ideal for those who play with the thumb on the back or side of the neck.
- Body: Mahogany
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Body Finish: Polyester Satin Matte
- Neck Shape: Modern "C" Shape
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Jumbo Frets
- Position Inlays: Parchment Dot Position Inlays
- Fretboard Radius: 12" (30.4 cm)
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Polyester Satin Matte
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Headstock: Artist Signature on back of Headstock
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Neck Plate
- Truss Rod Nut: 5 mm
- Pickup Configuration: H/H
- Bridge Pickup: Covered Passive Humbucking Pickup (Bridge)
- Neck Pickup: Covered Passive Humbucking Pickup (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume
- Hardware: Black
- Bridge: Hard Tail Strings-Thru-Body 6-Saddle Bridge
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Pickup Covers: Black Pickup Covers
- Switch Tip: Black Switch Tip
- Truss Rod Wrench: 5 mm
- Saddle Height Adjustment Wrench: 1.5 mm
- Strings: NPS, .010-.046 Gauges
- Unique Features: Mahogany Body, Covered Passive Humbucking Pickups, Rosewood Fingerboard with 12" Radius (305mm), Parchment Dot Position Inlays on Rosewood Fingerboard, Black Hardware, Black Pickguard Screws, Flat Finishes
- Pickguard: 1-Ply White
No upgrades available
Good guitar, feels and looks excellent, pickups could be more powerful.