SSL 2+ USB Audio Interface
Overview by GAK
2-IN/4-OUT USB Audio Interface
The SSL (Solid State Logic) name is associated with incredible quality and a storied legacy, with their consoles featuring on hit records by legendary artists such as Nirvana, Nine Inch Nails, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Bruce Springsteen, 2Pac and countless others. With their SSL 2 and 2+, SSL have imbued their supreme knowledge and signature sound into an affordable, intuitive USB interface. Now, you can harness the classic SSL sound for your own recordings! You’re not just paying for the name, you’re receiving a well-designed and fully-featured interface that stands out from the stiff competition.
At the core of the SSL 2/2+ is their gorgeous SSL-crafted microphone preamps, which boast pristine 24/192kHz conversion. The use of high-quality components is reflected in the clarity of tone and lack of noise that you hear as soon as you record with it. Thanks to the SSL 2/2+’s crystal-clear monitoring paths and top-performance headphone amps, you’re guaranteed a detailed and honest playback experience.
The SSL 2/2+’s interface boasts an intelligent design that isn’t overcomplicated. All the controls, like the huge Monitor Level knob, are right where you need them so your workflow isn’t interrupted. It’s visual and hands-on if you need to make adjustments on-the-fly, no menu diving required to achieve a great sound. It also runs off of USB power so all you need to do is plug it in and start making your hit record!
The not-so-secret weapon of the SSL 2/2+ is the “Legacy 4K” mode. Inspired by the mythical SSL 4000 console, pressing the 4K button instantly adds lush analog mojo and a musical high-end shimmer to your vocals and instruments.
The icing on the cake is the free “SSL Production Pack”, which provides you with a fantastic toolbox of software that works in tandem with the interface:
SSL Native™ Vocalstrip 2 & Drumstrip plug-ins + an extended trial of the complete suite
Native Instruments® Hybrid Keys & Komplete Start
Avid®Pro Tools® | First + an exclusive SSL collection of AAX plug-ins
1.5GB Samples from Loopcloud®
For a limited time (1/11/20 - 31/12/20), Studio State Logic is expanding the Production Pack to include two additional SSL plugins - FlexVerb and X-Comp! This promotional offer applies to new customers and existing customers.
If you require MIDI connectivity, an extra headphone output with its own level/mix controls and phono outputs - check out the SSL 2+. Apart from the extra ports, the 2 and the 2+ feature an identical spec!
- 2X Class-Leading Mic Preamps (130.5dB EIN / 62dB of Gain)
- Pro-Studio Quality Neutrik Connectors and Alps pots
- 2X High Current Headphone Amp with independent monitor mix
- 24-bit / 192 kHz AKM Converters
- Legacy 4K Analogue Enhancement - Inspired by SSL4000 series console
- MIDI I/O
- Additional un-balanced Outputs for DJ Mixers
- SSL Production Pack - Exclusive software bundle
- Advanced Workflow Technology utilised in ergonomics, layout and metering
- Pro Tools | First
- In addition to Protools First, an exclusive SSL collection of AAX plugins including the legendary Bombfactory compressors: BF-76, BF-2A and BF-3A.
- Ableton Live Lite
- The lightweight version of Ableton's acclaimed music creation software for musicians, producers and DJ's alike.
- 1.5GB of samples from Loopcloud
- SSL and Loopcloud have come together to curate this ready-to-roll collection of samples and loops, organised intuitively by genre and available through the award-winning Loopcloud software.
- Hybrid Keys & Komplete Start
- Kick-start your musical journey with 2000+ incredible sounds from synths, sampled instruments, essential effects and samples.
- SSL Native Vocalstrip2 & Drumstrip
- In addition to the brilliant selection of 3rd party software, SSL are bundling their DrumStrip & VocalStrip2 plug-ins! SSL’s renowned knowledge of audio processing and workflow, distilled into two user friendly plug-ins designed to get great results, quickly and consistently on your vocal and drum productions.
- Freq response 20Hz – 20 kHz (line / Inst) ± 0.05dB
- Freq response 20Hz – 20 kHz (Mic) ± 0.1dB
- Mic Input EIN (A-Weighted, 150 Ω termination) -130.5 dBu
- Input Dynamic Range (A-weighted) 110.5dB
- Monitor Output Dynamic Range (A-weighted) 112dB
- Input THD+N (@1kHz) <0.0015 % @ -8 dBFS, <00.5 % @ -1 dBFS
- Monitor Outputs THD+N (@1kHz) <0.0012% @ -8 dBFS, <0.002 % @ -1 dBFS
- Maximum Input Level +5.5dBu
- Maximum Output Level +12.5 dBu
- Width x Depth x Height 9.2 x 6.2 x 2.7” / 234 x 157 x 70mm
- Weight 1.98lbs / 900g
- Boxed weight 2.64lbs / 1.2Kg
No upgrades available
Super little box. Great to have the midi in and out. Excellent handling of bulky audio and software on instruments
Simply...WOW. one of the most amazing sound quality I've heard
Quality product, easy to setup and get started. Haven't had the chance to use the 4K button yet but for headphone music making it definitely does everything I need. It feels high quality and a nice weight and all the knobs feel nice and not flimsy.
Amazing interface for the price.