SSL G-Comp Stereo Bus Compressor 500 Series Module Overview
The legendary sound of the SSL Stereo Bus Compressor has been glueing mixes together for 40+ years. Often imitated but never equalled, the centre section compressor from the 1980's Solid State Logic G-Series analogue console is an audio production legend. It is a simple unit with a simple purpose; it makes complete mixes sound bigger, with more power, punch and drive.
The Stereo Bus Compressor brings cohesion and strength to your mix, unlike any other processor. To this day it remains a key element of the SSL sound and has become not just a tool for production but a part of top engineers' and producers' creative process.
- Legendary SSL G Series Stereo Bus Compressor
- THE glue and punch maker
- Additional compression ratio settings 1.5 / 3 / 10
- Renowned ‘Auto’ release
- HPF in sidechain switchable to 30Hz / 60Hz / 106Hz / 125Hz / 185Hz
- Sidechain In / Out switch
- THD + Noise* < 0.03% (20Hz – 20kHz)
- Input Impedance 10kΩ
- Output Headroom > +26dBu at onset of clipping
- Frequency Response* ±0.3dB from 20Hz to 20kHz – 3dB at 90kHz
- Noise (input terminated with 50Ω) < –90dBu
- Crosstalk < –100dB
- Common Mode Rejection > 70dB from 50Hz to 1kHz - > 60dB at 10kHz