SSL XLogic Alpha Channel Rack
With the classic combination of a mic preamp, filter, EQ and dynamics, the SSL XLogic Alpha Channel brings SSL's sonic legacy bang up to date in an analogue channel strip designed to provide the perfect front end to your digital audio workstation.
With all the features needed to record great vocal or instrument tracks, the SSL XLogic Alpha Channel offers a studio class mic pre and processing based on SSL's years of experience in designing the world's leading analogue recording consoles. A huge proportion of the music you know and love was recorded on SSL, renowned for the superior audio qualities you've heard on countless hit records. That elusive sonic ingredient is here in the SSL XLogic Alpha Channel.
Variable Harmonic Drive is a sophisticated SSL circuit as used in the new large format flagship Duality console and in the XLogic E Series Signature Channel. SSL mic preamps featuring Variable Harmonic Drive can generate a blend of 2nd or 3rd harmonic distortion.
This significantly changes the 'colour' of the preamp, allowing the user a choice between a solid-state and valve-like sound. In short, VHD brings the soul of early analogue recordings to 21st century production technology. VHD is now available to all audio workstation users thanks to SSL XLogic Alpha Channel. All great sounding recordings have to start somewhere...
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- SSL analogue channel processing for your audio workstation
- Professional ultra clean mic preamp with line level & Hi Z instrument input switches
- Studio class EQ, Filter and Limiter sections
- Analogue or digital outputs direct to your DAW
- 'Variable Harmonic Drive' circuit; a Time Machine of distortion characteristics
- High Pass Filter with selectable 40Hz, 80Hz or 120Hz cutoff frequency
- Built in professional quality Analogue to Digital conversion - as standard
- Auto sample rate sensing and self adjustment
- Three band SSL parametric EQ with mid freq Q control and dual LF curves
- Intelligent auto compression that maximises recording headroom and avoids DAC clipping