Steinberg AXR4T Thunderbolt 2 Audio Interface
Steinberg AXR4T Thunderbolt 2 Audio Interface
28x24 Thunderbolt2 Audio Interface with 32-bit and hybrid microphone preamps featuring RND Silk
Raising the bar for professional-quality sound The AXR4 audio interface raises the bar for professional-quality sound to a new level. At the core of the interface is the high-speed data throughput necessary for professional-level recording, with a vast array of inputs and outputs providing all the connectivity that high-end audio set ups demand. Four combo inputs are equipped with digitally-controlled state-of-the-art hybrid mic preamps, each with switchable Rupert Neve Designs SILK technology for the most musical sound possible.
As well as the four combo inputs, the comprehensive range of 28 in, 24 out options include 8 TRS line inputs and 8 TRS line outputs, 2x8 channel ADAT/S/PDIF (or 1x8 ADAT and 1x8 AES/EBU) and a future-proof digital I/O card slot. Word Clock, MIDI I/O ports and twin headphone sockets with independent volume controls are also provided. With 32-bit integer recording at up to 384 kHz, DSP-powered, latency-free monitoring, advanced SSPLL jitter suppression and a flexible 28x24 matrix mixer, the AXR4 is a truly exceptional audio interface for studios, producers and professional musicians.
A professional centerpiece for your studio With its high-end feature set, the AXR4T is the ideal centerpiece for any professional recording situation. Offering easy, stable connection and highspeed data transfer via Thunderbolt 2, as well as a wide range of analog and digital connectivity options, it integrates quickly and seamlessly into all Mac-based recording systems.
The AXR hybrid mic preamps — which are specially-tuned versions of those widely used throughout the professional sound industry in Yamaha’s leading digital mixing systems — deliver the most natural, musical sound, while 32-bit integer AD/DA conversion at up to 384 kHz sets new standards in audio quality. With zero latency DSP monitoring effects and a 28x24 matrix mixer providing exceptionally flexible signal routing, whether it is for mastering studios, mixing facilities or professional working musicians, the AXR4T is the perfect choice for outstanding sonic results.
- 28x24 Thunderbolt 2 audio interface
- 32-bit integer / 384 kHz recording and playback
- AXR hybrid mic preamps with Rupert Neve Designs SILK
- 28x24 full matrix mixer
- Latency-free DSP-powered monitoring with REV-X reverb,
- Channel Strip, VCM compressor 276 and EQ 601, including
- VST 3 plug-in versions
- Plenty of I/O ports like 2 ADAT, S/PDIF, AES/EBU, MIDI and
- Word clock
- SSPLL ultra-low jitter reduction
- Stack support for up to 3 units
- New custom panel for perfect integration into Cubase
- Bundled Cubase AI fully supports 32-bit integer format
- High-quality conversion is a crucial first step to a great audio production. With the AXR4T, Steinberg’s designers invested a huge amount of time, effort and meticulous research in choosing the very best combination of components, to create the ultimate analog to digital conversion currently available in an audio interface. We have set a new standard by including 32-bit integer converters, which not only allows for a significantly higher dynamic range, but also captures every nuance and detail of the recorded signals in the most precise, transparent manner. 32-bit resolution allows you to record signals with greater headroom, to prevent clipping or digital distortion while recording. Thanks to the higher dynamic range, quiet, subtle and highly detailed signals can be boosted during mixing, without any annoying noise or digital artefacts.
- We have raised the bar further with a sample rate of up to 384 kHz, allowing the reproduction of transients, the stereo image and the recording environment to be much more detailed, while the anti-aliasing filter can be set at a level where it won’t be heard.
- The AXR4T comes with a free copy of Cubase AI, a less feature-rich version of Steinberg’s industry-leading DAW, but which still offers a one-stop solution for studio-quality recording. Cubase AI provides a full system solution for recording music in studio quality and it fully supports recording and playback in 32-bit format
- REV-X reverb, REV-X is a complex reverb algorithm developed by Yamaha. Renowned for its high-density, richly reverberant sound quality, with smooth attenuation, spread and depth that work together to enhance the original, dry sound, REV-X features three types of reverb effects: Hall, Room and Plate simulations, with reverb time and level controls.
- Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip, Developed to deliver a highly musical sound, the Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip comprises a sidechain-enabled compressor and a three-band parametric equalizer, which can be applied to four mono input channels or two stereo input channels. The Morph control allows you to dial in the ideal sound very quickly, by morphing through both EQ and compression settings in combination.
- Yamaha Vintage Classic EQ 601, The EQ 601 combines the sound of a classic 1970s equalizer with a wide range of practical functions. With six fully parametric bands, frequencies can be adjusted with high precision. The lower and upper bands include shelving filters while the four MID bands feature peaking filters, exactly reproducing the boost and cut frequency response of vintage analog equipment. The Drive mode allows you to recreate the analog distortion characteristics of the original unit in your modern DAW.
- Yamaha Vintage Classic Compressor 276, The 276 is a stereo compressor that has enhanced numerous professional productions. Delivering classic-style compression, based on the punch and fatness of the finest studio hardware, the Compressor 276 is the perfect choice for both acoustic instruments and vocals. The Yamaha’s Virtual Circuit Modelling (VCM) technology enables you to experience the unique response and frequency characteristics of a 1970s analog masterpiece.
No upgrades available