Steinberg Dorico Scoring Software
Dorico redefines the gold standard in scoring software. Built from the ground up with today’s multi-core 64-bit CPUs in mind, Dorico will take advantage of all of your system’s horsepower while the intuitive workflows help you focus on each aspect of score preparation. The beauty and balance of Dorico's output is unrivaled, with hundreds of options to control every aspect of your music's appearance. And with Steinberg's award-winning audio engine at its heart, Dorico allows you to use your VST instruments and effects to produce great-sounding playback too.
Dorico’s five modes
Dorico’s workflows are divided into five distinct modes — Setup, Write, Engrave, Play and Print — that are all one mouse tap away from the toolbar, and can be freely changed at any time. Collapsible panels to the left, right and bottom of the window provide instant access to each mode’s features, and can be hidden with a single click or key command to show as much music as possible on your display.
Efficient window management
Open as many windows onto the same project as you like: keep one in Write mode to allow continued input and editing, and another in Play mode to allow easy tweaking of playback, or switch back and forth within the same window with a single click. Switch between tabs for the conductor’s score and instrumental parts, or split the window horizontally or vertically to allow you to work on both at the same time. Dorico provides the environment to allow you to do your best work, and then gets out of your way.
Effortless score and part preparation
Naturally, Dorico allows you to originate both the conductor’s score and parts for individual players from the flows of music in your project as individual layouts. Changes made to the music in one layout are automatically reflected in any others in which that music appears, while allowing complete independence in terms of page and system appearance between every layout.
Flexible input and editing
Inputting music in Dorico is fast and easy. Use your keyboard or mouse to input notes, and learn easy to remember key commands, or define your own, allowing you to fly through note input faster than ever before. Dorico has the flexibility to notate every note according to the changing musical context using its sophisticated understanding of the rules of meter, ensuring that the rhythm is always clearly communicated, even as notes are lengthened, shortened, inserted or removed.
- Designed by the original core Sibelius development team, with the benefit of all their years of expertise. Experience their vision of how a next-generation scoring application should work, look and feel
- No monthly subscription or annual plan required — buy the current version of Dorico and receive maintenance releases at no additional cost. You choose when you want to update to a future version, with simple, one-off upgrade pricing
- Import in-progress projects into Dorico in MusicXML format, and continue to collaborate with other Sibelius users by exporting MusicXML files
- Simple, streamlined user interface that fits comfortably on a single display, with fast keyboard access to every feature
- Flexible input and editing, with superior handling of complex meters and tuplets, makes it quicker and easier to express your musical ideas
- Dorico has many unique and innovative features not found in any other software, and presents a whole new way of working with music notation, but because it is brand new, it does not yet have every feature necessary for every kind of score. Dorico will receive a number of updates in the coming months that will be free to existing users, adding new functionality. Some of the functionality that is planned to be added in these updates includes:
- -Chord symbols
- -Repeat ending (1st, 2nd time or volta) lines
- -Jazz articulations
- -Rhythm slashes
- -More flexible unpitched percussion notation
- -Improvements to playback and support for third-party virtual instruments