Steinberg HALion Sonic Sample / Synth Workstation
Steinberg HALion Sonic is Steinberg's premier VST workstation that breaks new ground in terms of performance, versatility and ease of use.
Over a thousand instrument sounds created by top sound experts at Yamaha and Steinberg offer a staggering array of first class synths, hybrid and acoustic instruments, covering almost any conceivable style. HALion Sonic is the long-anticipated successor to the highly acclaimed Hypersonic 2 workstation, and allows you to work more productively than ever before.
Exclusive and comprehensive content, an intuitive interface for seamless handling and the sheer endless possibilities of creating entirely new landscapes deliver truly unlimited sonic dimensions.
Steinberg HALion Sonic's audio and synth engine builds on Steinberg's upcoming cutting-edge VST3-based HALion 4 sampler. Four different modes guarantee phenomenal sonic variety: high performance disk-streaming sample playback, dedicated sliced-loop mode, special drum mode and finally a complete and fully editable virtual analog synthesis engine. All four modes include unique morphing filters which seamlessly blend between up to four of the 24 different filter types.
Virtually unlimited polyphony provides enough creative headroom to max out the Multi Program Rack with up to 16 individual programs sounding at the same time. Each program is made of up to four different complex sound layers and features its own effects rack with up to four insert slots fuelled by one of 16 effect types, including gems like REVerence or the exceptional sounding rotary cabinet emulation.
Steinberg HALion Sonic redefines quality and variety for workstation instruments with its 1,000 instrument sounds across 12 GB of custom-recorded samples. Created by the Yamaha sound design
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Easy-to-use production workstation
- Over 1000 instrument sounds
- Powerful audio engine based on Steinberg's HALion 4 sampler
- Multi Program Rack with up to 16 individual programs and up to 16 stereo outputs
- Integrated MediaBay sound management system
- Each program can hold up to 4 layers for quick sound combinations
- Four different specialised engine modes:
- Disk-streaming sample playback
- Dedicated sliced-loop mode
- Special drum mode
- Virtual analog synthesis engine
- Unique morphing filters
- Wide range of virtual effects
- FlexPhrase module for driving beats, arpeggios and complex tonal phrases
- VST Expression support for smart editing of articulations right inside Cubase 5
- Virtually unlimited polyphony per instance and sophisticated voice management
- Dedicated player view
- Eight quick controls
- Rapid building of keyboard or layer splits
- Standalone version included
- Expansion pack support
- Cross-platform supporting VST3, VST2.4 and AU hosts (Mac OS X)
- Native 32-bit and 64-bit HALion Sonic versions
- 2 GB RAM
- 15 GB of free HD space
- Display resolution of 1280 x 800 recommended
- DVD-ROM dual-layer drive
- USB port for USB-eLicenser (license management)
- Internet connection for license activation
- VST 2, VST 3 or AU compatible host for using as plug-in
- Mac: OS X Version 10.6 / 10.7, Intel dual core CPU, CoreAudio compatible audio hardware
- PC: Windows 7, Intel or AMD dual core CPU, Windows compatible audio hardware (ASIO compatible audio hardware recommended for low-latency performance)