Steinberg UR28M USB Audio Interface
Steinberg UR28M USB Audio Interface Product Overview by GAK
The Steinberg UR28M is a compact desktop interface for home and project studios. The UR 28M is an affordable interface with Steinberg heritage and high-end technology.
The UR28M Cubase Interface features easy to use controls with a single master volume knob, which can control three stereo output pairs or six outputs simultaneously. The UR28M is ultra portable so you can connect to your MAC or PC laptop and make music anywhere. Two headphones can be connected as well as MP3 player, microphones, guitars and synths.
The included Cubase AI 6 music production software integrates perfectly with the UR28M so you can start making music straight away with nothing else needed. Also included are REV-X and Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip plug-ins.
Steinberg Product Overview
Boasting high-resolution audio through its analog and digital I/O alongside the widely acclaimed D-Pre mic preamps makes the UR28M desktop interface the best choice for individual musicians and producers of small-scale projects. The 3x3 monitor matrix for switching between setups, the DSP-powered monitoring and native VST 3 plug-ins in the UR28M provide an eminently flexible recording experience.
Designed for easy access to controls and connectors, the UR28M’s console comes with a single prominent output volume knob for individually controlling the levels of one of three stereo output pairs or the levels of six outputs simultaneously. You can also select between three monitoring mixes set up in the dspMixFx mixer or Cubase which is routed to the selected outputs. Several smaller rotary knobs to control signal levels of inputs 1 and 2 and the levels of the two headphone outputs, while further dedicated switches for inputs 1 and 2 allow you to employ 48 volt phantom power, 26 dB signal attenuation and connecting high-impedance instruments. Other controls include the Dim button for attenuating all line output signals by 20 dB, the Mono button and the Mute button for muting the selected output signal.
The UR28M represents a top-notch recording system with plenty of inputs and outputs to connect to microphones, instruments, studio monitors and headphones. There’s a USB connector to hook up to either your Mac or PC that lets you record and mix your productions with the included Cubase AI workstation or other audio software.
And with the free update to version 2, the UR28M also works with the iPad (2 or later) through Apple’s iPad Camera Connection Kit allowing you to record up to four input channels in an iOS audio application, such as Steinberg’s Cubasis.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400.
- 24-bit/96 kHz USB 2.0 audio interface
- Analog 4 in and 6 out plus stereo input for reference source
- S/PDIF coaxial I/O
- D-Pre Class-A discrete mic preamps supporting 48V
- Latency-free DSP-powered monitoring with one REV-X reverb and four Channel Strips with any DAW by using the latest dspMixFx technology
- Native VST 3 plug-ins of REV-X and Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip additionally included
- Digitally controlled monitor level control with DIM, Mono, and Mute fed by a 3x3 monitoring matrix
- 2 separate headphone buses with individual outputs
- Cubase AI 6 music production software included
- Cross-platform compatibility for Mac OS X and Windows
- UR28M Minimum System Requirements MAC: Mac OS X 10.5.8, 10.6.3 (32-bit/64-bit kernel), Intel processor (Intel Core Duo or faster recommended), 1 GB RAM (2 GB for Windows 7 64-bit), CD-ROM drive, Internet connection for license activations for included plug-in software, Compatible with any software application supporting ASIO, WDM, CoreAudio
- UR28M Minimum System Requirements Windows: Windows XP SP3, Vista SP2 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Pentium / Athlon 2 GHz or faster (dual core processor recommended), 1 GB RAM (2 GB for Windows 7 64-bit), CD-ROM drive, Internet connection for license activations for included plug-in software, Compatible with any software application supporting ASIO, WDM, CoreAudio
- Cubase AI6 Minimum System Requirements MAC: Mac OS X 10.6, Native 32-bit and 64-bit version, Intel dual core CPU, 2 GB RAM, Display resolution of 1280 x 800 recommended, CoreAudio compatible audio hardware, 4 GB of free HD space, DVD-ROM drive, Internet connection for license activation
- Cubase AI6 Minimum System Requirements Windows: Windows 7, native 32-bit and 64-bit versions, Intel or AMD dual core CPU, Windows compatible audio hardware (ASIO, WDM), 2 GB RAM, Display resolution of 1280 x 800 recommended, 4 GB of free HD space, DVD-ROM drive, Internet connection for license activation
No upgrades available