Strymon Magneto Four Head dTape Echo & Looper Unit
The Strymon Magneto is a four head dTape echo and looper unit for Eurorack. Create expansive soundscapes and evolving, otherworldly tones. Add layers upon layers of harmonic and rhythmic complexity within an enveloping stereo field. Infuse your rack with vintage warmth and retrofuturistic soul.
Tape Delay, Looper, And More: Packed with powerful features while maintaining intuitive playability, Magneto is a stereo multi-head tape delay that also functions as a looper, phrase sampler, vintage spring reverb unit, phase-aligned clock multiplier, chaotic oscillator, zero latency sub-oscillator and more, with extensive CV I/O.
Transform Your Modular: Turn simple monophonic signals into complex orchestrations. Create new oscillator tones using self-oscillation. Add rich stereo dimension to your sound, and enjoy the inherent warmth and sweet, subtle distortion characteristics of magnetic tape. Magneto transforms even the smallest rack into a fully expressive, immersive instrument.
Vintage Vibe: To capture the full experience and complexity of a vintage tape echo machine, every last tape system attribute was relentlessly studied and faithfully recreated. From the sought-after natural saturation and soft clipping of magnetic tape when driven hard, to hands-on real-time controls for tape age, tape crinkle, and mechanical wow and flutter, Magneto delivers a rich multi-head delay experience that adds life and vibe to your sound.
Play It Like An Instrument: Every function, control, gain stage, and signal path component in Magneto works together to respond musically and smoothly, even during the wildest live modular improvisations. All this is combined with a luxurious spring reverb to take the sound of your modular setup to a new level, and your sonic explorations into far-out territories.
- Tape Saturation
- Pitch Shifted Delays
- Spring Reverb
- Phrase Sampler
- Infinite Echo
- Clock Multiplier/Divider
- Tape Stop/Start
- Audio Scrubber
- Stereo Operation
- Tape-voiced delay machine with four playback heads and one record head
- Processor-intense dTape algorithm delivers meticulously nuanced recreations of vintage tape echo systems
- Three operational modes: Echo, Sound On Sound Looper, Phrase Sampler
- Varispeed algorithm with dynamic machine mechanics, 8:1 speed range
- Input record level for clean reproduction to warm, fat saturation
- Self-oscillating for tone generation
- Independent Spring Reverb
- Dedicated control over tape mechanics, machine health, and tone: Low Cut, Tape Age, Crinkle, Wow & Flutter
- Transport controls (buttons and CV inputs) for real-time performance options
- Individual Playback Head Level controls
- Individual head Feedback assignment independent of playback level
- Three stereo head panning options, including user-defined custom panning
- Phase aligned clock out (CLK OUT) CVs synched with clock in (CLK IN) CV
- Maximum Delay/Loop Time: 15 seconds at maximum Speed, two minutes at minimum Speed
- Minimum Delay Time: 200µS at maximum speed
- Clock In CV Range: 50ms – 15s
- TAP Button Range: 50ms – 15s
- TAP CV Range: 10ms – 15s
- Analog dry path for a zero latency dry signal that is never converted to digital
- Super high performance SHARC DSP
- 114db typical signal to noise
- Sampling Rate: 96kHz
- Audio Input Impedance: 22 kOhm
- Maximum Audio Input Level: 20 Vpp
- Audio Output Impedance: 1 kOhm
- Maximum Audio Output Level: 20 Vpp
- Power: +/-12V rail: 210mA, +5V rail: 0mA
- Eurorack power cable included
- Dimensions: Rack Width: 28hp/Rack Depth: 41mm, 1.61in
- Designed & Built in the USA
No upgrades available
Its a brilliant module. Totally worth the price.
A pure beast of a module! Buy, you won’t be disappointed :)