Surfy Industries SurfyBear Metal Tank
Overview by GAK
Featuring the same spec as the Classic Tank, presented in a more durable unit with black aluminium casing and true bypass.
Surfy Industries create portable guitar effects inspired by classic vintage sounds. The SurfyBear Metal Tank is a reverb unit that has the same controls as the original Fender 6G15 vacuum tube spring reverb effects unit all contained in a more compact, modern pedal.
The SurfyBear Metal Tank has an original Accutronics type-4 spring reverb pan, and simple easy-to-use controls The ‘Volume’ knob lets you adjust the output signal, ‘Tone’ allows you to adjust how bright or dark the sound is, ‘Mixer’ adjusts the balance between wet and dry signals, and ‘Dwell’ is simply the amount of the effect. There’s also True Bypass switch, which, when turned on, keeps your signal fully intact without loss of strength or frequencies, and a ¼” jack that lets you connect an external footswitch (not included) to get even more control over your sound.
The SurfyBear Metal Tank is completed with a sleek black aluminium body with removable feet on the bottom, allowing it to fit comfortably on your pedalboard, or as a standalone unit.
If you want the same functionality with a vintage look, take a look at the SurfyBear Reverb Tank, which has a wooden enclosure with Fender-style tolex, Switchcraft components and no true bypass.
Overview by Surfy Industries
The Holy Grail of guitar reverb effects, the Fender®-style spring reverb, has been finally revisited with modern features!
Try it and discover why most surf guitarists and the truly reverb addicted are turning to SurfyBear.
- aluminium body with removable feet on the bottom side for better positioning on pedalboards
- original Accutronics® type-4 spring reverb pan
- clean boost to adjust the volume when the effect is on
- innovative dual-LED on/off button
- true bypass functionality to keep your signal intact when the effect is off
- external footswitch possibility though the dedicated 1/4" jack (footswitch not included)
- HOW TO USE
- The controls are the same as in the original Fender® 6G15®
- DWELL - the amount of effect
- MIXER - the balance between “dry” and “wet” signals
- TONE - how bright or dark the sound is
- VOLUME - the level of the output signal
- DIMENSIONS - Size: approx. 44 X 17 X 8 cm (17.5 X 6.5 X 3 inches)
Fantastic alternative to an original / reissue Fender unit, definitely as good as the 1990's reissue that I once owned.