Takamine P5DC Pro Dreadnought Electro Acoustic
Takamine's stylish P5DC dreadnought cutaway combines tradition with contemporary refinements, including a resonant solid spruce top with scalloped "X" top bracing for superior clarity and projection, and a solid rosewood back with rosewood sides for a rich, warm sound.
Built with the performer in mind, the P5DC features Takamine's proprietary CT4-DX preamp system and unique PalatheticGäó under-saddle pickup for superior amplified response. The dual-channel CT4-DX provides a four-band EQ, two feedback-reducing notch-filter controls, a flexible dual-pickup mix control (for use when a second pickup is added), volume control and an on-board tuner.
Other performance-enhancing features include a convenient Venetian cutaway for easy access to the upper reaches of the fingerboard, and Takamine's asymmetrical neck profile G"ô which is slightly thinner on the bass side so that it fits the natural shape of your hand, resulting in a comfortable feel and improved playability. The split bone saddle provides more accurate intonation, while bridge pin positioning optimizes the break angle to improve sustain and presence.
Premium design appointments include elegant ivory body binding with dark wood purfling, an abalone rosette, a rosewood fingerboard with abalone "dot-in-dot" inlays, a rosewood headcap, gold tuners with gold buttons, a natural bone nut and gloss natural finish. The P5DC comes complete with a premium archtop hardshell case.
- Series: Pro Series 5
- Color: Natural
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Shape: Dreadnought Cutaway
- Bracing: Scalloped X
- Rosette: Abalone
- Body Binding: Ivory
- Body Back: Solid Rosewood
- Body Sides: Rosewood
- Body Top: Solid Spruce
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Scale Length: 25.3" (643 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.68" (42.67 mm)
- Position Inlays: Abalone Dot-in-Dot
- Special Electronics:
- - CT4-DX Preamp with 4-band EQ,
- - Two Notch-Filter Controls,
- - Dual-Pickup Mix Control (If Second Pickup is Added),
- - Volume Control,
- - Onboard Tuner and Palathetic™ Under-Saddle Pickup.
- Bridge: Rosewood with Split Bone Saddle
- Hardware Finish: Gold
- Tuning Machines: Gold Die-Cast
- Strings: D'Addario® EXP 16 Coated Phosphor Bronze (.012-.053 Gauges)
- Unique Features: Ivory Body Binding, Palathetic™ Under-Saddle Pickup, Rosewood Headcap