Tama Star Walnut 4 Piece Shell Pack, Satin Black
Tama Star Walnut 4 Piece Shell Pack, Satin Black
The Tama Star Walnut Shell Pack is the brand new, flagship series from Tama which combines premium handcrafted Japanese construction and innovative hardware to offer unbeatable tone and playability. Building on the success of the Starclassic Series the Star Series Shell Pack incorporates redesigned components to deliver professionalism like never before. The all Walnut construction produces a naturally eq?d tone with dynamic response for a full, resonant and powerful sound perfect for live and studio applications.
This 4 piece shell pack includes a 22 x 16in bass drum, 10 x 7in and 12 x 8in rack toms and 16 x 16in floor tom. Cymbals, hardware and snare sold separately.
- 22x16in Bass Drum
- 10x7in Rack Tom
- 12x8in Rack Tom
- 16x14in Floor Tom
- Please note: Shell kits do not include drum mounting hardware
- Walnut Shells (STAR Drum):
- -Generation of furniture makers have favored Walnut for its reliable solidness and long-term stability. As a drum shell material, Walnut's distinctive warm, fat sound has long been subject of rumor among drum tone aficionados, and new STAR WALNUT are doubtlessly about to rekindle that discussion.
- Bearing Edges:
- -Vibration produced by hitting a drum transfers to the shell through the contact point between the drumhead and the shell. Therefore, the shape of the bearing edges is one of the most important factors in a drum's sound.
- -STAR drums feature a bearing edge shape as shown in the diagram. Its peak is rounder than TAMA's traditional bearing edge. This rounded peak provides more contact between the drumhead and shell, allowing vibration to travel from the drumhead to the shell more efficiently. Also, the peak position of the edge is 3.5mm from the shell's outer surface, which further improves contact between the drumhead and drum.
- Super Resonant Mounting System:
- -To maximize the natural resonance of drums, tom toms should be mounted with minimal stress and strain on the shells and hoops. STAR drums feature our brand new mounting concept to achieve this goal, called the Super Resonant Mounting System.
- -This mounting system has three contact points with the drum. Two are located on the batter hoop (A & B), and one is located on the bottom hoop (C). These three points create the largest possible theoretical triangle on the drum. The two contact points on the batter hoop (A & B) support the weight of the drum vertically. The third contact point (C) supports the horizontal weight of the drum, once the angle is set. According to physics, the further this third point is located, the less support it requires when setting an angle. Therefore, by placing the third contact point as far as possible on the bottom hoop, using the support arm, we were able to dramatically reduce the stress and strain on the shell and hoop and increase natural resonance.
- -If you tilt your drums beyond a certain angle, which should only apply to a small minority of drummers, this mounting system operates a little differently. If a drum is titled beyond a certain angle, the bottom hoop will no longer be in contact with, or supported by, the bottom contact point (C). In that case, a different contact point (D), located on the batter hoop, comes into play. Although the triangle formed by these three points is much smaller, it does not put more strain on the batter hoop because of the angle of the drum. So the drum's natural resonance is still preserved in this case.
- -To maximize the resonance of drums, it's very important to prevent the vibration of the shells from transferring to the tom stands. Therefore, in addition to the engineering outlined above, we also utilize rubber at each contact point between the shell and the mounting system, which helps to isolate the shells and greatly reduces the vibration transference.
- Quick-Lock Tom Brackets:
- -The new "Quick-Lock" tom brackets equipped on the Star-Cast Mounting System and on Starclassic floor toms have some very distinctive, ground-breaking features.
- -First and foremost, as their name suggests, these brackets allow for quick and easy setup and breakdown. But the real unique feature of these brackets is that once the drum is positioned on a tom stand or floor tom legs, there is no need to attach and adjust separate memory locks to save the setting. By simply sliding the switch on the tom bracket, the bracket separates into two parts. When the drum is removed for breakdown, the "memory lock" portion remains on the tom stand or floor tom leg. This saves your positioning and makes the next set up quick and easy.
- -These Quick-Lock tom brackets have some hidden acoustic benefits as well. Following the same principle of reducing vibration transference from drums to the tom stands or floor tom legs, these tom brackets also employ rubber lining to further isolate the drums and enhance resonance.
- Bass Drum Spurs:
- -The bass drum spurs adopt the same concept as the floor tom legs. Since the bass drum spurs receive the horizontal impact from the pedal striking the bass drum, properly absorbing this impact is critical to the natural resonance of the bass drum shell and for a comfortable feel from the bass drum pedal. This is why we designed STAR bass drum spurs with soft, high-mass rubber feet.
- -There i
No upgrades available