Tascam CD-RW900MKII CD Recorder
Tascam Product OverviewThe CD-RW900MKII is a professional CD recorder that replace the best-selling CD-RW900SL and CD-RW901SL. A new TEAC tray-loading transport ensures years of reliable operation in the most demanding installations. The new transport also allows gapless recording when writing track markers, something not possible using off-the-shelf PC drives. Various recording features like automatic track creation help the operator create polished recordings without constant supervision. An AKM AK4528VM is used for AD/DA conversion for clean, clear sound quality with a frequency response of 20Hz to 20kHz +/-0.8dB.
With the CD-RW901MKII, balanced analog input/output jacks and external control terminals are included. Additionally, long-run continuous recording (and overlap recording) is possible by connecting multiple CD-RW901MKIIs with an accessory cable. An ISRC/RID code can be displayed to check the recording in a mastering studio.Whether used for PA/Sound Reinforcement playback, studio, mastering, or broadcast, the CD-RW900MKII and 901MKII are TASCAM's latest generation of reliable CD recording and playback.
- Recordable media: CD-R, CD-RW, CD-R-DA, CD-RW-DA (High speed CD-RW is supported)
- Playback disc formats: CD-DA, CD-ROM (ISO 9660 Level 1/2 Joliet format, multisession discs and CD text)
- Playback file formats: CD-DA: 44.1 kHz, 16-bit stereo, MP3: 44.1 kHz, 64-320 kbps, VBR
- Recording file formats: CD-DA: 44.1 kHz, 16-bit stereo
- Quantisation: 16-bit linear
- Sampling frequency: 44.1 kHz
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz, ±0.8 dB (Playback) 20 Hz to 20 kHz, ±1.0 dB (Recording)
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 95 dB (Playback) 90 dB (Recording)
- Dynamic range: 95 dB (Playback) 90 dB (Recording)
- Total harmonic distortion: <0.006 (Playback) <0.008 (Recording)
- Channel separation: >90 dB (Playback, at 1 kHz) >80 dB (Recording, at 1 kHz)
- Wow and flutter: <0.001 (unmeasurable)
- Highly reliable tray-loading optical drive
- Records to pro CD-R, CD-RW and consumer CD-R and CD-RW media (Ultra-Speed CD-RW media are not supported)
- Selectable read speed to increase playability of low-grade or damaged media
- 24-bit A/D and D/A converters
- Input sample rate converter (32-48 kHz, defeatable)
- Independant L/R analogue input level controls
- Digital volume
- Sync recording function
- Auto or manual track division
- Time track division: Adds a CD track ID every 1 to 10 minutes
- Digital fade in/out from 1 to 30 sec in 1-sec steps
- Rec mute function to record silence
- Erase/un-finalize CD-RWs
- Supports CD-Text
- Computer keyboard can be used for CD-Text input and as a remote control
- Timer function (play when power comes on)
- Continuous, single, random, or program (up to 99 songs) playback
- All, single, or A-B repeat play
- Auto Cue function
- Selectable skip mode: jump by track or in 1-minute steps
- Auto Ready function
- Plays MP3 files on CDs
- Plays MP3 files inside directories
- Shows MP3 tags on Display (ID3)
- Pitch control (±16 in 0.1 to 1.0 steps)
- Key control (±6 semi-tones)
- Key original function (change tempo without changing key)
- Coaxial digital I/O
- Optical digital I/O
- RCA unbalanced analogue I/O
- Wireless remote control included
- Infrared remote receiver can be deactivated
- 2-U rack mount construction
Having had a Philips recorder for many years I decided to replace it with a Tascam CD-RW900mk11 and I've found it simple to operate when making compilation discs. There are lots of features I haven't experimented with yet, but the manual explains procedures really well and I look forward to becoming more familiar with these as time goes by. Highly recommended.
A beautifully made machine, very well spec'd but note "professional" in the name! It's complicated to learn but worthwhile to persist as it records to an excellent standard.
A great CD recorder that's almost as easy to use as a Cassette Deck. It's a good replacement for my aging Philips CD recorder, but this can use standard computer discs, unlike the Philips, which needed special 'Audio' discs. I'd recommend this Tascam CD Recorder.
Brilliant product, sounds amazing, top quality.
Easily set up. Working very well so far.