Tascam DP-24SD 24 Track Digital Portastudio
The Tascam DP-24SD is a digital portastudio with a 24-track workstation which can allow up to 8 tracks of Simultaneous recording. There is a built in high quality mixer that includes everything you would require for a professional-sounding mix, from EQ and reverb to amp simulation and multi-band mastering effects. The Digital Portastudio can create professional level finished productions without the need for a computer, as it features an easy to use on-board control surface.For clear display of your mix, the DP-24SD has a large colour LCD displaying tracks, meters, and effects parameters. A set of 12 encoders control EQ, effects sends, and panning. Built-in effects include compression, guitar amp modeling, delay, reverb, with a total of 10 effects processors available during mixing.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- 24-track digital Portastudio, 12 mono tracks 6 stereo tracks, 19 faders
- Simultaneous playback of 24 tracks, simultaneous recording of 8 tracks
- 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz sampling rate, 16 bit or 24 bit resolution
- 8 XLR/TRS combo connectors for inputs
- Phantom power supplied on all inputs (switchable A-D, E-H)
- Instrument-level input for direct recording of guitar or bass
- Inputs A-H and each track equipped with 3-band EQ
- Colour LC display and 12-encoder channel strip for simple operation
- Dedicated controls for EQ, pan and effect sends
- Peak-hold function for level meters on display
- Stereo RCA output, 2 effect send outputs (6.3-mm TS jack)
- Headphones output with 70 mW per channel
- Remote connector for optional RC-3F footswitch to enable hands-free control of several functions
- Automatic punch in/out, Track bounce function
- 8 virtual tracks per track for alternative takes, up to 99 locate marks per song
- Various edit functions (copy insert, copy paste, move insert, move paste, open, cut, silence, clone track, clean out) Editing on sub-frame level, Undo and Redo function with undo history
- Dynamics effects for input (Limiter, Compressor, Noise Suppressor, Exciter)
- Guitar multi-effects (Noise Suppression, Amp Simulation, Compression, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Tremolo, Auto Wah, Delay)
- Mix-down effects (Reverb, Delay, Stereo Chorus)
- Mastering tools (Equalizer, Multi-band Compressor, Normalizer)
- Chromatic tuner, Metronome
- File transfer via USB 2.0
- Dedicated AC adapter included (GPE248-120200-Z)
- Solid-state recording to SD cards for better shock resistance than hard drive recording
- SD card included
A bit too soon for a full review but working on my first recording has been a joy.
Having been using a Boss BR600 for ten years, which was about £220 at the time, this is a bit of a step up. Still trying to get my head around it, but the sound quality is fantastic. Having struggled going down the DAW route, I feel more comfortable with the "hands on" approach that the Tascam offers.
It looks very impressive , never done this before ,so now i have to get down to business ????????
More difficult to use than reviews suggested.
Good value for money and easy to use