Tascam DR-40 Portable Recorder
Tascam DR-40 Portable Recorder Overview by GAK
The Tascam DR-40 is a compact portable recorder with built-in condensor microphones which are adjustable to XY or AB positions. Using XLR / 1/4" mic/line input (Phantom Power) the Tascam DR-40 can also be turned in to a four-track recorder by using both the built-in microphones and another mic. Another great features of the DR-40 Portable Recorder is Overdub mode which allows you to record audio whilst playing a previous recording.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Built-in condenser microphones, adjustable to XY or AB position
- XLR / 1/4" mic/line input with phantom power
- Record the built-in microphones with the XLR mic or line input for a four-track recording
- Dual recording mode captures a safety track at a lower level to avoid distortion
- Overdub mode allows recording along with a previous take
- Peak reduction automatically sets the ideal recording level
- 15-hour battery life from three AA batteries
- Up to 96kHz/24-bit WAV/BWF or MP3 recording resolution
- 2-second pre-recording buffer
- Variable speed playback from 50-150% speed without changing the pitch
- Adjustable limiter and low cut filter (40 / 80 / 120 Hz)
- Built-in speaker and chromatic tuner
- 1/8" headphone/line output
- Playback EQ and level align
- Stereo Reverb effect
- Tripod mounting hole
- SD/SDHC card slot supports up to 32GB media (2GB card included)
- Locking Neutrik Combi jacks
- USB 2.0 jack and cable for transferring recordings to computer
- Powered by three AA batteries, AC adapter (optional PS-P515U), external battery pack (optional BP-6AA), or USB bus power
- The Tascam DR-40 Portable Digital Recorder is a handheld 4-track recorder that gives you flexibility needed to record anything, anywhere.
- The Tascam DR-40 features adjustable mics, four-track recording and extended battery life, captures up to four tracks from built-in, high-quality condenser microphones, XLR mic or line inputs. The internal mics are adjustable from XY to AB position, helping you to tailor your recording to the sound of the room.
- You can also use condenser microphones with the great-sounding TASCAM microphone preamps that provide phantom power, recording at up to 96kHz/24-bit resolution. It accommodates balanced XLR or 1/4" line inputs using locking Neutrik Combo jacks. The DR-40 accepts SD or SDHC cards up to 32GB, and a 2GB card is included.
- Once recorded, play back your takes with EQ and the optional Level Align feature to avoid volume jumps. A stereo reverb effect is also built-in, as well as a speaker and chromatic tuner. Transfer your recordings to any computer using the USB 2.0 jack. Other features include overdub mode, variable speed playback, limiting and low cut filter, and much more - all with TASCAM's simple-to-use interface.