Tascam DR-60DMK2 4 Track Field Recorder
Tascam DR-60DMK2 Overview by GAK
The Tascam DR-60DMK2 is a 4 Channel, portable PCM stereo recorder designed for DSLR filmmakers. The DR-60DMK2 is an update of the award winning DR-60D by Tascam and has a number of added and improved features. The DR-60DMK2 is a brand new 4-track solid-state recorder which utilizes high-grade HDDA pre-amps, AD converters, and a durable but lightweight shape and structure.
A Camera Output sends the mic mix to the camera for later synchronization, and a Camera Input is provided for monitoring playback. An additional headphone out and line out assist the crew during filming. The DR-60DmkII is designed for low-noise operation, including soft touch buttons and dedicated gain controls.
Multiple recording modes are available on the DR-60DmkII. Four-Channel Mode records all four microphone inputs. Dual Recording is an alternate setting, capturing a copy of your audio at a lower level for a distortion-free safety track. Menus and operation are well laid out, owing to decades of innovative recording design.
Reach beyond the limited performance of your camera’s audio to capture the other half of your film. At a cost less than competing preamps, the TASCAM DR-60DmkII is the ultimate 4-track recorder designed for filmmakers, television, live events and web broadcast.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Portable linear PCM Stereo Recorder
- Successor of the legendary DR-60D
- New additional features:
- "HI PLUS" setting allows a maximum input gain of 64 dB
- Power source switches automatically from external to internal when necessary (with pop- up message on display)
- New, smooth XLR/TRS combo jacks
- High quality mic preamps are a necessity for high-grade sound. The DR-60D's HDDA mic preamplifirers utilize discrete circuitry and premium parts approved after months of evaluation tests. The HDDA s circuit achieves an incredibly high EIN (-120dBu).
- In addition, CIRRUS LOGIC's AD converter (made famous on the DR-40 linear PCM recorder) is installed to ensure high-lineality recording from any input signal
- The DR-60D can record up to 4-tracks simultaneously allowing for various mic set-ups. Inputs 1/L and 2/R can be selected for monaural operation or stereo link operation. There are 3 outputs at one's disposal. A CAMERA OUT for reference track recording to the camera, LINE OUT to run to a mixer, and a Headphone Out for direct monitoring. (In 4CH mode, 1/L and 2/R inputs cannot be selected for monaural operation.) The DR-60D supplies mixing functionality to all 4 tracks. Adjust PAN, Level, Limiters, HPF (40/80/120Hz) and Delay easily from the user-friendly set-up. TASCAM is well known for having the easiest to use controls in the market. The DR-60D is ready to use right out of the box with its external, non-menu-intensive controls.
- The DR-60D's body was manufactured with very rigid plastic for a durable but lightweight design. TASCAM understands how important weight is to ensure one is getting the right shots and steady camera movement when filmmaking. In adiition to weight, the DR-60D is extremely compact while remaining feature-rich. Only 133mm (5.25") wide, the DR-60D will not interfere with any normal camera operation. Also, all batteries can be replaced without removing the device from the Camera or tripod / rig.
Finance provided by PayPal Credit. Terms and conditions apply. Credit subject to status. UK residents only. GAK.CO.UK Ltd acts as a broker and offers finance from a restricted range of finance providers. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.a.rl. et Cir, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.
Please see our PayPal Credit FAQs page.
Before you apply, please make sure you:
- Are a UK resident aged 18 years or older
- Have a good credit history
- Have not recently been declared bankrupt
- Be employed and have an income greater than £7,500 per year