Tascam UH-7000 Audio Interface
The Tascam UH-7000 is a pro-level microphone preamp and audio interface designed with a strong focus on low noise and high audio quality. Not only can this unit be used as a 4-in/4-out audio interface in a DAW production environment, but as a standalone microphone preamp and A/D / D/A converter. The built-in HDIA (High Definition Instrumentation Architecture) microphone preamps are newly designed and perform at GêÆ128 dBu equivalent input noise, a signal-to-noise ratio of 117 dB and distortion of 0.0009 % or less.
The grand nature of the UH-7000's sound is partially due to the careful attention spent on selecting parts. In addition to Burr-Brown converters and metal thin-film resistors, installed is a powerful TCXO clock generator with a precision of -1 ppm.
The unit's half-rack size makes it easy to install at a studio console or work desk. The thick aluminum panels used on the front and sides of the full-metal body help increase stability. Highly important but easily forgotten about are the smooth-tension aluminum input level knobs for precise level adjustments.
The UH-7000 microphone preamp and audio interface enables composers, musicians and recording engineers to produce music in their private quarters at a level generally reached only in professional studios.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- Top-of-the-line two-channel USB audio interface for Windows and Macintosh computers
- Can be used as a stand-alone high-end AD converter for monitoring or recording to stand-alone recorders
- High-performance mic preamp newly designed for this model reduces influence of impedance mismatch with high accuracy resulting in most accurate audio reproduction at the input stage
- Superb audio quality with samling rates up to 192 kHz at 24-bit resolution
- Ultra-high dynamic range of 123 dB (A/D) and 128 dB (D/A)
- Professional-grade PCM4220 A/D and D/A converters from Texas Instruments
- Selected components like metal film resistors and film capacitors for outstanding sound quality with noise and distortion minimized to a minimum
- High-precision clock synchronization with sample-accuracy at both recording and playback
- On-board DSP mixer and effects like EQ, compressor, noise suppressor, de-esser, exciter and reverb (effects up to 96 kHz only)
- Two selectable mixer modes:
- Multi Track mode for DAW recording and composing: Create a monitor mix independent of the actual recording levels
- Stereo Mix mode for internet broadcasting and video editing: Create a stereo mix of two different sources plus loop-back signal from the computer
- Mixer panel for intuitive mixing and effects handling on the computer screen
- Dedicated button for opening/closing the mixer panel on the computer
- Two large TRIM knobs for precise level adjustment
- XLR and TRS balanced analogue inputs
- Switchable 48-V phantom power on XLR inputs
- XLR balanced line outputs
- Line output level can optionally be adjusted with the headphones level control
- Output selector allows a source to be output via the unit's mixer or via a computer connected by USB
- Powerful headphones output with dedicated level control
- AES/EBU digital I/O
- Low-latency monitoring
- Easy-to-read 20-dot LED level meter
- Aluminum front and side panels for long durability even under tour conditions
- Half-rack size