Taylor 314ce LTD Grand Auditorium Electro Acoustic, Quilted Sapele
Taylor 314ce LTD Grand Auditorium Electro Acoustic
The Taylor 314ce Limited Edition Electro Acoustic Guitar is part of Taylor’s 300 series - the first guitars in the Taylor line to use all solid wood and could be considered top-end entry-level acoustic guitars.
The Taylor 314ce LTD has a Grand Auditorium body which is Taylor’s most popular body shape and delivers a full low end, a present midrange, and a sparkling treble. The 314ce has a Venetian cutaway which allows for easier access to the upper frets and a 25 ½” scale length.
The back and sides are made from quilted Sapele and have a blackwood stain which highlights the wood grain. The top of the Taylor 314ce is made from torrefied standard Sitka spruce, using Taylor’s own roasting recipe to make the guitar sound sweeter and have more depth. It’s completed with a beautiful shaded edge burst top.
The Taylor 314ce has Taylor’s innovative V-Class Bracing which delivers more volume, longer sustain, and better intonation than the more traditional X-Bracing used on many of their guitars.
The neck is made from neo-tropical mahogany and has a standard carve profile. This is topped with a West African Crelicam Ebony fretboard which comes from Taylor’s own supply of high-quality, sustainable ebony from their sawmill in Cameroon, and is complemented with faux pearl engraved victorian inlays.
The bridge is made from West African Crelicam Ebony and has a black TUSQ nut with a white micarta saddle. The 314ce LTD has Expression System 2 electronics, which retains the natural sound of the tonewood even when plugged in.
The Taylor 314ce Limited Edition features engraved Victorian fretboard and peghead inlays in Italian acrylic, black binding, a tortoiseshell pickguard, and satin black tuners, and a satin finish. Includes a Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Case.
- Stock Code H093002111005611284
- UPC 00887766110422
- Number of Strings 6
- String Orientation Right Handed
- Body Shape Grand Auditorium
- Bracing System V-Class Bracing
- Cutaway Venetian
- Color Blackwood
- Stain Back/Sides, Medium Stain Neck, Shaded Edgeburst Top
- Electronics ES2
- Case / Bag Brown Taylor Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- Top Wood Solid Sitka Spruce
- Back / Side Wood Sapele
- Rosette Black/White Plastic Single Ring
- Back Configuration 2-Piece, or 4-Piece Simons Wedge
- Body Binding Black
- Armrest None
- Top Finish Satin
- Back / Side Finish Satin
- Neck Wood Neo-tropical Mahogany
- Nut Width 1-3/4"
- Neck Profile Standard Carve
- Scale Length 25-1/2"
- Backstrap None
- Peghead Type Paddle
- Fretboard Wood West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Veneer Wood West African Crelicam Ebony
- Fretboard Inlay Faux Pearl Engraved Victorian
- Peghead Inlay Faux Pearl Engraved Victorian
- Fretboard Binding Black
- Peghead Binding None
- Neck Finish Satin
- Peghead Finish Satin
- Bridge West African Crelicam Ebony
- Nut & Saddle Black TUSQ Nut, White Micarta Saddle
- Bridge Pins West African Crelicam Ebony
- Strings Elixir Nanoweb Phosphor Bronze Light (.012 - .053)
- Pick Guard Tortoise
- Tuners Taylor Satin Black with Satin Black Buttons
- Strap Pin Black
- End Pin Black