Taylor 324ce Grand Auditorium Electro Acoustic, V-Class
The Taylor 324ce Grand Auditorium, this darkly alluring cutaway Grand Auditorium boasts unique visual appeal thanks to its mahogany top, and there’s sonic magic under the hood as well. Our groundbreaking V-Class bracing enhances the volume, sustain and projection, bringing out even more of the natural midrange focus of its Tasmanian blackwood back and sides. While the natural compression of the hardwood mahogany top tends to even out the response across the tonal spectrum, the V-Class design boosts the dynamic range, especially in the upper register, and the in-tuneness of the notes everywhere along the fretboard is wonderfully consistent. All of these nuances add up to a versatile choice for gigging, practicing or recording across multiple playing styles. The dusky hues of the mahogany top project a rootsy vibe, accented by a shaded edgeburst, black binding, a matching pickguard, and muted satin-finish sheen. The guitar ships with ES2 electronics in a deluxe hardshell case.
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Nut & Saddle: Black Graphite, Micarta saddle
- Bracing: V-Class with Relief Rout
- Truss Rod Cover: Black Plastic
- Pickguard: Black
- Number of Frets: 20
- Tuners: Taylor Nickel
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
- Body Length: 20"
- Body Width: 16"
- Body Depth: 4 5/8"
- Binding/Edge Treatment: Black
- Top Finish: Satin
- Back Config: 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Finish: None
- Rosette Size: Three Ring
- Bridge Inlay: None
- Back/Side Finish: Satin
- Armrest Binding: None
- Backstrap Wood: None
- Rosette Mat.: Plastic
- Stain/Sunburst: Blackwood Stain Back/Sides, Medium Brown Stain Top/Neck, Shaded Edge Burst Top
- Wedge: None
- Armrest: no
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay: Gemstone, Italian Acrylic
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: Black
- Heel Cap Binding: Black
- Type of Neck Joint: Taylor Neck
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: West African Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/2"
- Peghead Finish: Satin
- Peghead Binding: None
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Peghead Purfling: None
- Headstock Overlay: West African Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Gemstone, Italian Acrylic
- Peghead Logo: Italian Acrylic
- Bridge Pins: West African Ebony
- Buttons: Nickel
- Fingerboard Ext: None
- Edge Trim: None
Exactly what I’ve been looking for! Good volume, excellent sustain, looks great and really versatile in regards to different playing styles! Not as pricey as Gibson’s and although I’ve previously played martins, they always seemed to be drowned out if playing in a band etc by other instruments! This Taylor has a great sound and definitely stands out in sound and looks! Wish I bought one years ago! Although I think the V class bracing is a recent development, I haven’t played it side by sided with an X braced version to compare but can’t complain about the volume, especially when finger picking compared to my previous Martin