Taylor 522ce 12-Fret Grand Concert Electro Acoustic, V-Class
Introducing the Taylor 522ce 12-Fret... Like Taylor’s other 12-fret models, this all-mahogany Grand Concert takes playability to another level with a slinky handfeel on the strings and a surprisingly warm and powerful voice. The 24-7/8-inch scale length condenses the fret spacing and reduces the string tension, and the more central bridge position on the lower bout enables the top to pump out a stronger response. This year, we’ve added V-Class bracing, which boosts the projection and sustain and brings out more of mahogany’s natural warmth, while adding a touch of extra headroom for more aggressive playing. The V-Class architecture also improves the intonation in a noticeable way, creating more harmonic agreement between notes. Aesthetic refinements include a shaded edgeburst body and neck, faux tortoise shell binding, a rosette of faux tortoise shell framed by grained ivoroid, and a grained ivoroid Century fretboard inlay. A Venetian cutaway gives you more access to the upper register, while Taylor’s stage-ready ES2 electronics capture the guitar’s tonal nuances in amplified settings.
Taylor 522ce 12-Fret Features:
- Grand Concert Shape: A smaller-bodied guitar ideally suited for fingerstyle.
- Tropical Mahogany Top: The hardwood top produces strong fundamentals with clarity and focus.
- Tropical Mahogany Body: A midrange powerhouse. Mahogany is prized for balance and articulation, making it one of the best all-around tonewoods there is.
- ES2 Electronics: The Expression System 2 captures more of a guitar’s dynamic properties using a breakthrough behind-the-saddle design.
- Venetian Cutaway: Known for its soft, round lines. The sloping peak of the cutaway will vary depending on the shape of the guitar.
- V-Class Bracing: A revolutionary design that balances the flexibility and stability of the top, V-Class bracing produces unmatched sustain, volume, and intonation.
Please note: Image for illustrative purposes only.