Taylor K14ce Builders Edition Grand Auditorium Electro Acoustic, V-Class
To celebrate the launch of V-Class bracing, Master Designer/Luthier Andy Powers also created a new collection called, the Builder's Edition. Think of this collection as the director's cut edition of a V-Class guitar with more premium player-friendly features. The first guitar to be released in the collection is, the Taylor Builder's Edition K14ce.
This beautiful Grand Auditorium electro acoustic has a dynamic, sweet and complex tone provided by the Hawaiian koa body and torrefied sitka spruce top. Also featured on this stunning acoustic is Taylor's patented V-Class bracing. This ground-breaking bracing pattern brings everything together in perfect harmony. V-Class bracing boosts the volume evenly across the tonal spectrum, increases the sustain, and improves the natural intonation of the guitar by creating a more orderly response from the soundboard. The result is a more harmonious relationship between the notes you play, helping chords sing with cohesive beauty.
Another design emphasis of Builder's Edition is enhanced playing comfort in the form of ergonomic new body contours. Details include a beveled armrest, beveled body edge treatment, and a reshaped cutaway that flows smoothly into the heel and incorporates a finger bevel where the cutaway meets the soundboard. This creates a more fluid path to the guitar’s upper-register notes for your fretting hand. Other refined touches include silent satin finish, which helps quiet the incidental noise against the guitar body, and a gorgeous new Kona burst that highlights the natural beauty of the figured koa back and sides. Inset koa/paua top and back trim adds a beautiful sparkle that complements the new Spring Vine fretboard inlay. In every way, this K14ce acoustic guitar embodies the ultimate player's guitar and testifies to the benefits of innovative craftsmanship.
Please note: Stock image shown for illustrative purposes only. Finish may vary.
- Grand Auditorium: Taylor’s signature shape embodies the ultimate all-purpose acoustic.
- Sitka Spruce Top Wood: The soundboard choice for most guitars, Sitka spruce produces a broad dynamic range and accommodates a versatile range of playing styles.
- Hawaiian Koa Body Wood: Few woods carry the allure of Hawaiian koa, with its gorgeous figure and sweet, complex tone.
- Expression System 2: Captures more of a guitar’s dynamic properties using a breakthrough behind-the-saddle design.
- Beveled Cutaway: A smooth, double-contoured cutaway provides easy access to even the highest frets without changing hand positions.
- V-Class Bracing: A revolutionary design that balances the flexibility and stability of the top, V-Class bracing produces unmatched sustain, volume, and intonation.
A truly special guitar, has a great feel and very confortable to hold. The sound is incredibly clear with perfect sustain. I would highly recommend as a sound purchase and as a guitar to keep and enjoy.
I know everumything you pay over an 800 series is for luxury features, but worth it if you can afford it
This is a new generation of Acoustic guitar and has to be seen and more importantly heard to be believed. An exceptionally resonant,precise and balanced instrument with which Taylor have certainly raised the bar. Believe the hype because it isn't hype lol.