Taylor Custom GP-e Sassafras LTD Grand Pacific Electro Acoustic Overview
This beautiful Taylor Custom GP-e Sassafras Limited Grand Pacific electro acoustic guitar utilises an unusual combination of Adirondack spruce top and solid blackheart sassafras back and sides for a stunning visual result accented with cocobolo binding, mahogany neck, and antique gold Gotoh tuners to highlight the custom West African peghead veneer.
Meet the Grand Pacific Dreadnought
Taylor’s versatile new round-shoulder dreadnought guitar brings a whole new sonic personality to the dreadnought category and the Taylor line. With its warm, seasoned sound and clear low-end power, it’s a Taylor like you’ve never heard before.
Until now, Taylor has been known for a modern take on acoustic tone—a vibrant sound with precise and well-defined individual notes. But we like other acoustic flavors too. Drawing inspiration from traditional acoustic music, master guitar designer Andy Powers leveraged the tone-shaping control of our award-winning V-Class bracing to design the Grand Pacific acoustic guitar. Broad, overlapping notes blend into a unified harmony to create a warm and inviting sound. You’ll be inspired in a whole new way.
Overview by GAK
Taylor Custom GP-e Sassafras LTD Grand Pacific Electro Acoustic has the unusual combination of an Adirondack spruce top, which produces more dynamic range than Sitka, and solid blackheart sassafras back and sides, which has the note distinction and focus of maple, and top-end overtones of rosewood. It also gives a natural, visually striking aesthetic to the guitar. Other features include cocobolo binding, a mahogany neck, and antique hold Gotoh tuners, which highlight the custom West African peghead veneer.
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Nut & Saddle: Tusq, Black
- Bracing: V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover: Wood, West African Ebony
- Pickguard: None
- Number of Frets: 20
- Tuners: Gotoh 510 Antique Gold
- Case: Ameritage Case, Tan
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Medium
- Body Length: 20”
- Body Width: 16”
- Body Depth: 4 5/8"
- Binding/Edge Treatment: Sapele
- Top Finish: Silent Satin
- Back Config: 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Finish: None
- Rosette Size: Single Ring
- Bridge Inlay: None
- Back/Side Finish: Silent Satin
- Armrest Binding: None
- Backstrap Wood: None
- Rosette Mat.: Black Sapele/Maple
- Stain/Sunburst: None
- Wedge: None
- Armrest: None
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay: 5-Dot Pattern, Mother of Pearl
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding: None
- Type of Neck Joint: Scarf
- Neck/Heel: Neo-Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/2"
- Peghead Finish: Satin
- Peghead Binding: None
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Peghead Purfling: None
- Headstock Overlay: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Arrowheads, Mother of Pearl
- Peghead Logo: Shell, Mother Of Pearl
- Bridge Pins: Bone with Green Abalone Dots
- Buttons: Nickel
- Fingerboard Ext: None
- Edge Trim: None
Elixir 16052 Phosphor Bronze Nanoweb Acoustic, Light, 12-53
Tiger GST14 Universal Folding Guitar Stand, Black
Taylor 1510 Bar Stool, Brown
Tiger GST49 Wooden Guitar Wall Hanger
G7th Performance 3 Capo, Steel String, Black
Hercules GS412B Plus AGS Guitar Stand