Taylor Custom GP-e Walnut LTD Grand Pacific Electro Acoustic
This stunning Taylor Custom Grand Pacific Catch #38 features beautiful Blackheart Sassafras back and sides, Adirondack spruce top, ebony fingerboard, sitka spruce V-Class bracing, Cocobolo and Ebony Binding, Antique gold Gotoh 510 tuners, and ES2 electronics.
The Grand Pacific is Taylor's new round-shoulder dreadnought and brings a whole new sonic personality to the dreadnought category. With its warm, seasoned sound and clear low-end power, it's a Taylor like you've never heard before.
Until recently, Taylor has been known for a modern take on acoustic tone—a vibrant sound with precise and well-defined individual notes. But we like other acoustic flavours too. Drawing inspiration from traditional acoustic music, master guitar designer Andy Powers leveraged the tone-shaping control of our award-winning V-Class bracing to design the Grand Pacific acoustic guitar. Broad, overlapping notes blend into a unified harmony to create a warm and inviting sound. You’ll be inspired in a whole new way.
Please note: Images for illustrative purposes only. Not the actual guitar shown.
Overview by GAK
The Taylor Custom GP-e Walnut LTD Grand Pacific Electro Acoustic has the unusual combination of an Adirondack spruce top, which produces more dynamic range than Sitka, and solid blackheart sassafras back and sides, which has the note distinction and focus of maple, and top-end overtones of rosewood. It also gives a natural, visually striking aesthetic to the guitar. Other features include V-Class bracing, cocobolo and ebony binding, and antique gold Gotoh tuners, which highlight the custom West African peghead veneer. It has Taylor’s Expression System 2 electronics which produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness.
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Nut & Saddle: Black Tusq, Micarta saddle
- Bracing: V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover: West African Crelicam Ebony
- Pickguard: None
- Number of Frets: 20
- Tuners: Gotoh 210 Antique Gold
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Ameritage Case, Tan
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Medium
- Body Length: 20”
- Body Width: 16”
- Body Depth: 4 5/8"
- Binding/Edge Treatment: Cocobolo
- Top Finish: Silent Satin
- Back Config: 2-piece No Wedge
- Backstrap Finish: None
- Rosette Size: Single Ring
- Bridge Inlay: None
- Back/Side Finish: Silent Satin
- Armrest Binding: None
- Backstrap Wood: None
- Rosette Mat.: Capstone, MOP/Cocobolo
- Stain/Sunburst: None
- Wedge: None
- Armrest: no
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay: 5-Dot Pattern, Shell, Mother of Pearl
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding: West African Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint: Scarf
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: West African Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/2"
- Peghead Finish: Satin
- Peghead Binding: None
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Peghead Purfling: None
- Headstock Overlay: West African Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Arrowheads, Mother of Pearl
- Peghead Logo: None
- Bridge Pins: Bone with Green Abalone Dots