TC Electronic RH450 Bass Head
TC Electronic RH 450 Product Overview by GAK
The TC Electronic RH 450 was designed to simply give bass players more of a voice to smash through the mix, and boy have they achieved it!
Featuring a 4-band semi-parametric EQ, you can shape your basic tone and later apply SpectraComp and/or TubeTone for that vintage tube amp feel and 'per string' compression. Additionally, the RH 450 sports a revolutionary built-in chromatic bass tuner which is always on, meaning you can check your tuning at a glance at any time and tune up between songs faster than ever before so there's no risk of keeping your audience waiting.
Different songs call for different sounds, and with 3 presets you can tailor your tone to suit different types of basses or styles and switch between them effortlessly, making the RH 450 one of the most dynamic and adaptable products out there.
- Power: 450watt, 800 w peak
- Weight: 4,5 kg / 9 pounds
- Dimensions: 275mm x 290mm x 66mm / 10,8" x 11,4" x 2,6"
- Balanced: 'DI' output Galvanic isloated transformer balanced (pre/post pre-amp)
- Tone controls: Low shelf (71Hz - 1.1kHz), Low Mid (100Hz - 1.6 kHz), High Mid (200Hz - 3.1kHz), High helf (400Hz- 6-3kHz)
- Headphone output: Speaker filter Rehearsal stereo output
- Chromatic Tuner
- Presets: 3 user memories
- Compression: Spectra Comp, multiband compression
- Drive: Tube tone full amp simulation
- Preset level: 12dB range
- Recording out: AES/EBU 96kHz output (SPDIF compatible)
- Rehearsal in: Stereo RCA input, (RCA-mini jack cable included)
- Remote connection: 7 pin DIN connector incl. power and communication
Bought the RH450 for use through a PA with sub rather than a cabinet. The choice in eq makes it possible to get this head sounding great through both! Having the memory banks also makes it possible to switch between the sounds really quickly and easily without having to remember different eq settings. I bought this product after already using the BG500 combo for many years, I love the fact that it's more portable and easier to manage for a quick set up/pack down but still with the simple Balanced Out on the rear of the product and inputs for headphones and iPod connections. Cabinet, PA, headphones - this head can sounds great through them all.
Good loud amp really punchy sound