TC Helicon VoiceTone Correct XT
TC Helicon VoiceTone Correct XT Product Overview by GAK
The TC Helicon VoiceTone Correct XT is a bit like having your own live sound engineer and vocal coach by your side at all times, providing smooth, pro vocal tone with the added security of active anti-feedback.
TC Helicon VoiceTone Correct XT's adaptive tone technology controls Shape EQ, Compression and De-ess to provide you with the perfect tonal balance so you don't have to worry about it.
You can use Adaptive Gate to reduce feedback and ensure that loud stage noise stays out of your mic when you're not singing. Elsewhere, the Warmth button adds bottom end to male voices. You can also connect the Correct XT to other VoiceTone pedals for further sound definition.
Even the best singers hit the wrong notes sometimes, so the auto-chromatic pitch correction helps you to sing more in tune, letting you know when you're out of tune so you can naturally correct yourself. With this application, you can even practice with your pitch corrected and a dry voice coming through the monitors to improve your personal technique.
- Studio-grade compression, de-ess and adaptive Shape EQ to brighten and smooth vocals
- Effortless auto chromatic pitch correction helps you sing in tune.
- Automatic anti-feedback seeks and destroys feedback.
- Can be chained to additional VoiceTone pedals.
- Shape, Dynamics & Pitch controls
- Adaptive on/off buttons
- Anti-Feedback, gate, and warmth on/off buttons
- Gain reduction and pitch meters
- Mic Control of pitch correction
- Height: 5.25 inches (132 mm)
- Width: 5 inches (130 mm)
- Depth: 1.5 inches (41 mm)
- Weight: 1.5 lb. (0.72 kg)
- Mic Connector: Balanced XLR, input impedance 1kOhm
- Mic Input Sensitivity @ 0dBFS: -44dBu to 2dBu
- Mic Input Sensitivity @ 12dB: headroom -56dBu to -10dBu
- Instrument Input Connector: Unbalanced 1/4?, input imp. 1MOhm
- Instrument In Sensitivity: 15dBu @ 0dBFS
- EIN: -126dBu @ max mic amp gain, Rg = 150 Ohm
- Power Input: 12 VDC 300 mA, tip negative
- Main Output Connectors: Balanced XLR
- Output Impedance: 40 Ohm
- Output Level: 2 dBu @ 0dBFS
- Instrument Thru Connector: Unbalanced 1/4? phone jack
- Instrument Thru output impedance: 270 Ohm
- Dynamic Range, Mic. @ Min gain & 108dB: 20 Hz - 20kHz *A-weighted
- Dynamic Range, Mic. @ -18dBu sensitivity & 104dB: 20hz - 20kHz*
- THD Noise, Mic. @ Min gain: & -90dB
- Frequency Response, max gain -1.5dB @ 40 Hz, 0/-0.3 dB: (200Hz to 20 kHz)
- Instrument In to Thru Dynamic Range: & 119dB
The TC Helicon voice tone is an impressive piece of kit although it is primarily for fold back, not front of house sound. The gate and anti feedback features are superb.