Tech 21 BFR5 SansAmp Bass Fly-Rig 5 V2 Pedal
The Tech 21 Bass Flyrig 5 is answer to the thousands of requests for a bass version of the Fly Rig 5 Tech 21 have had since the day the original FR5 was released.
With the bass version they went a little crazy and stuffed everything in they could, except the kitchen sink, Rhode Island and a submarine.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400
- SansAmp, of course, as its centre point, with their unique Character control that sweeps through the most storied vintage and modern tones. Three-band active EQ provides professional grade tweakability for any situation. For dirt and grind, Drive adds gain and overdrive. You can also add distortion by engaging the Pre-Boost. And then there's Fuzz in the OCTAFILTER section. Each method achieves a different variety of tonal madness. You can even use all three at the same time, but be sure to hold onto your shorts.
- OCTAFILTER brings an entire re-invented palette of expression with a crazy amount of possibilities, from Minimoog®-style synth to funky town. The controls interact so that you can get dynamically-filtered clean, fuzz, and octave, as well as octave and fuzz together. When Q is at minimum, Range becomes a high-cut tone filter for different versions of clean, fuzz, octave, and octave and fuzz together. You can then blend any of these combinations with your direct signal via the Mix control. But wait, there's more. By bringing in some COMP, you can get infinite sustain like a keyboard bass. Whew.
- CHR, derived from Tech 21's Bass Boost Chorus pedal, adds choral voicings of two instruments. With a slight delay between, it adds thickness and space.
- COMP, for compression, utilizes old school, all-analog, FET-based technology, which is inherently warmer, more transparent and musical.
- Switchable Pre/Post Boost. Pre-Boost mode interacts with the SansAmp section to beef up drive and distortion. Post-Boost mode increases the overall volume to punch up fills and solos.
- The Chromatic Tuner is within the CHR section. You simply hold down the CHR footswitch to engage the Tuner, which simultaneously mutes the signal path.
A brilliant piece of equipment. Good dynamic filter, beautiful chorus and a very good sans amp + compression combination.
Amazing compact fully-loaded bass DI - recommended