Two Notes Torpedo CAB M Virtual Cabinet Simulation Pedal
The Two Notes Engineering Torpedo CAB M (Cabinets in A Box), the missing link between the guitarist’s rig and the PA or an audio interface. Use the best virtual cabinets available or load your own IR files.
You love the sound of your guitar rig, with its carefully chosen pedals interacting with your amp. With the Torpedo technology, the tone you created is faithfully sent directly to a PA or an audio interface with consistency at any show, studio session or rehearsal.At last, end the hassle of cables, mics and poor room quality that prevent your tone to be at its best.
The C.A.B M answers all the needs of the player because it can be placed at the end of the pedalboard to have a lightweight rig to carry around, between the amp and the speaker for the best amp DI, and with its headphones output it can be used at home with any pedals for quick and easy practice, or a loadbox to play your amp silently.
Exclusive Torpedo technology: Highly realistic speaker simulation is achieved by use of convolution. Two notes started from that technology and brought it much further, to accurately reproduce the characteristics of the whole miking chain (speaker, microphone, preamplifier, studio room acoustic).
Many parameters influence the sound of your guitar or bass rig when it comes to recording. Hence, taking good care of the cabinet selection and miking will dramatically improve the sound of your takes. The Torpedo simulation reproduces the tiniest variations of a cabinet behavior (such as its frequency response). Move the microphone in the virtual studio room thanks to the Torpedo IR synthesis: all the settings you need to achieve great recordings are here.
Because we want you to express your full potential, the Torpedo processing is compatible with third-party IRs, and the Torpedo C.A.B. M can load mono files in high resolution, up to 200ms in real time.
The stompbox-style Torpedo: Thanks to the Torpedo technology, the Torpedo C.A.B. M delivers all the benefits of the best miked cabinet simulation to the player who wants to record and gig without the hassle of the mics and the cables. As a standalone unit, the Torpedo C.A.B. M comes loaded with 32 Two notes virtual cabinets, 8 microphones and 8 rooms to choose from, right out of the box.
With an amp: Offer your amplifier the best direct output you can dream of: connect the speaker output of your amp into the Torpedo C.A.B. M input and the SPEAKER OUT of the C.A.B. M into your speaker cabinet. No need for a microphone, the most versatile amp DI on Earth is taking care of it. (DISCLAIMER: the C.A.B. M is not a loadbox. If you connect your amp output to the pedal you must connect the cabinet to the Speaker ouput of the C.A.B. M.)
With a preamp: Connect your preamplifier directly to the Torpedo C.A.B. M and take advantage of our exclusive tube power amp modeling. Select a type of amplifier and its characteristics, a tube model, and make your preamp sing as it deserves!
- Send your pedalboard or amp sound directly to the PA or recorder with studio grade quality every time.
- Control all parameters directly from the Torpedo C.A.B. M screen, and enjoy the Torpedo Remote interface on your mobile device or desktop computer.
- Get access to all the creative options in your virtual studio to mike your guitar rig like a pro.
- If 32 cabinets are not enough, browse the world’s largest cabinet library on the Two notes Store or load third party IRs on your memory card.
- The OLED screen has high contrast and fast response allowing for better graphics.
- All this in a small sturdy metal case to endure all the rigors of a live rig.
- Instr/Line Input: connect your guitar and pedal FX units or your amp's speaker output.
- Speaker Output: connect your cabinet here when plugging your amp into the Amp In.
- In Level: 3 gain settings (-24, 0, +12 dB) to adjust the input level depending on the source plugged into the CAB M.
- USB: control the unit on a Windows or Mac OSX computer through the Remote software.
- Power: connect the included power supply.
- Headphones output.
- Aux In: play along backing tracks from an external source.
- Ground Lift: switch to eliminate ground loops.
- DI Out: balanced XLR output to connect to a mixer or an audio interface.
- Line Out: balanced Jack output (TRS) to connect to a mixer or an audio interface.
No upgrades available
Been excited about purchasing this and it has sailed through my expectations. Great for live recording and in the studio, a must for me.