Two Notes Torpedo Captor X 8 Load Box Attenuator Cab Sim, 8 Ohm
The Torpedo Captor X is a compact reactive load box, tube amp attenuator, miked cab simulator, IR loader and stereo expander for home, live and studio use. Playing your tube amp in a great sounding room with an exceptional choice of perfectly matched speaker cabinets and microphones is truly joyous and an unparalleled experience. The Torpedo Captor X is for tube amp lovers who crave this every time they play - no matter the environment.
Fed up with lifting heavy cabinets, inconsistent sound and stage volume issues? Torpedo Captor X allows you to go direct to the PA and audio interface with studio-grade cabinet simulations (cab sim). Two notes Audio Engineering pioneered the digital load box and over the last decade, thousands of Two notes hardware users have captured and enjoyed the harmonic complexity and responsiveness of their tube amps both in the studio and on-stage. Torpedo Captor X is the premium compact reactive load box but so much more.
Torpedo Captor X is the portable solution to your amp being too loud. Play your tube amp at its sweet spot and control your volume with the attenuator, anywhere. You can even enjoy your 100 watt rig in silence with an immersive headphone experience. Designed to embrace today's demanding on-stage and studio recording environments, Torpedo Captor X brings new features to the Torpedo Captor family including a Stereo Expander (Stereo Reverb and Twin Tracker), Enhancer, Voicing, Space, Noise Gate and XLR DI outputs with 3 routing options (Stereo, Dual Mono and Dry / Wet).
- Compact Reactive Load Box (8 Ohm, 100 watt RMS)
- Tube Amp Attenuator: Home (-38 dB), Club (-20 dB), Stadium (0 db)
- Torpedo IR-based technology creating Dual-miked Virtual Cabinets and Dual IR Loader
- Loaded with 32 Virtual Cabinets, 128 preset locations and 512 memory slots for custom IR files
- Instantly select your favourite preset direct on the hardware
- Choose from 8 microphones per cabinet and 8 room simulations
- Torpedo Remote via USB and MIDI (Windows and macOS) or wirelessly on your phone/tablet (Android and iOS) • Silent playing with Immersive Headphone Experience
- Stereo Reverb including SPACE control on hardware
- EQ: Semi-parametric in Torpedo Remote, VOICING hardware control
- Twin Tracker virtual guitarist
- Enhancer with Body, Brilliance and Thickness controls
- Noise gate with learn function
- XLR DI Outputs (3 routing options: Stereo, Dual Mono, Dry / Wet):
- Dual Mono: Send dedicated signals to FOH and monitors with different EQ & Reverb
- Dry / Wet: Send Cab Sim to audio interface from one output and dry on the other • Two notes Wall of Sound plugin included for processing of dry recordings in your DAW
- Rugged, metal case: road ready and portable
- Speaker inputs/outputs: 1/4′′ jack unbalanced (TS)
- MIDI input: 1/8” jack - cable adapter supplied
- Micro USB port. Micro USB-B to USB-A cable supplied
- Powered by supplied PSU
No upgrades available
Fantastic piece of kit. The attenuator is brilliant and the cab simulation is excellent.
Its perfect ?? I use it for silent recordings and its the sound of a real tube amp with the convenience of a plug in
Excellent bit of kit. Helps you achieve the sound you want, at the correct room volume, without breaking the bank of cabs or cab storage. Very easy to navigate software & easy to use. Highly recommended.
So far seems to be a good solution for me.