Universal Audio 6176 Vintage Channel Strip
Universal Audio Product Overview
The Universal Audio 6176 Channel Strip gives you the classic sound of the legendary 610 Modular Console. Advances in digital recording technology are providing users with tremendous power and flexibility for increasingly less money.
All too often, however, the audio quality of these systems is limited by their input stages. Many users who demand the power and flexibility of today's recording technology find themselves yearning for the warmth and tone of yesteryear's hand-built analog circuitry.
Now with the release of the 6176, Universal Audio combines their highly acclaimed 610 tube microphone preamp with their legendary 1176LN compressor to create the ultimate single-channel signal path for everything from vocals to vibraphones.
Call GAK now for product info, advice and the Best Prices - 01273 665400.
- All-tube mic preamp section derived from legendary Bill Putnam-designed 610 modular console
- Signature 1176LN Class A FET compressor section — heard on countless hit records for more than 40 years
- "Split" or "Join" switch allows separate or series operation of the preamp and compressor
- High and Low frequency shelving EQ
- Variable impedance Input, Gain, and Output levels
- Mic, balanced Line, and Hi-Z inputs
- Ultra-quiet operation
- Stereo interconnection via 1176-SA
- Hand-built in USA; backed by 1-Year limited warranty
- Microphone Input Impedance: Selectable, 500 Ω(ohms) or 2k
- Balanced Line Input Impedance: 20k Ω
- Hi-Z Input Impedance: Selectable between 2.2 M Ω or 47 k Ω
- Maximum Microphone Input Level: +18 dBu (2k input impedance and 15 dB Pad in)
- Maximum Output Level: +20 dBm
- Internal Output Impedance: 80 Ω
- Recommended Minimum Load: 600 Ω
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz +0, -1 dB
- Maximum Gain: 65 dB (500 Ω input impedance)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio > 90 dB (@ maximum gain)
- Input Impedance: Selectable, 15k Ω (ohms) or 600 Ω
- Output Load: Impedance 600 Ω (floating)
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz ± 1 dB
- Gain: 40 dB, ± 1 dB
- Distortion: > 0.5% T.H.D. from 50 Hz – 15 kHz with limiting, at 1.1 seconds release setting. Output of +22 dBm with no greater than 0.5% T.H.D.
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: > 75 dB
- Attack Time: Adjustable, from 20 to 800 microseconds
- Release Time: Adjustable, from 50 milliseconds to 1.1 seconds
- Stereo Interconnection: Optional, using 1176SA stereo interconnect accessory
- Tube Complement: (1) 12AX7A, (1) 12AT7A
- Power Requirements: 115V/230V
- Power Connector: Detachable IEC power cable.
- Fuse: 400 mA time delay (slow blow) / 115 V200 mA time delay (slow blow) / 230 V
- Power Indicator Light: 28 V bulb (type 1819)
- Dimensions 1: 9" W x 3.5" H x 12.25" D (two rack unit)
- Weight: 12 lb.
No upgrades available
Finance provided by PayPal Credit. Terms and conditions apply. Credit subject to status. UK residents only. GAK.CO.UK Ltd acts as a broker and offers finance from a restricted range of finance providers. PayPal Credit is a trading name of PayPal (Europe) S.a.rl. et Cir, S.C.A., 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg.
Please see our PayPal Credit FAQs page.