Universal Audio Apollo 8 Quad Thunderbolt Audio Interface, Black
Universal Audio Apollo 8 Quad Product Overview by GAK
The UA Apollo 8 is an 18-in/24-out Thunderbolt 2 audio interface with on-board real-time UAD QUAD DSP processing. At its heart, the Apollo 8 features four high-resolution digitally-controlled mic preamps with Unison technology, 8 discrete balanced outputs, independent monitor outputs, dual headphone outs with independent front panel controls, ADAT, S/PDIF I/O and more. Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD devices in total over Thunderbolt and enjoy blistering power and flexibility from the included Console 2 application. Now Compatible with Windows 10.
The Apollo 8 interface places all the most commonly used recording and monitoring features right on the front panel, for fast, direct access. Similarly, its rear panel provides all the dedicated, high-quality I/O needed for a typical production studio.
The UA Apollo is compatible with all leading DAW software including Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic and Ableton.
- Next-generation Apollo A/D and D/A conversion for professional music production
- Onboard UAD-2 QUAD Core DSP allows Realtime UAD Processing - record through plug-ins from Neve, Lexicon, Studer, Marshall, Ampex, and more*
- 4 Unison-enabled mic preamps for tracking through preamp emulations from Neve, API, and Universal Audio*
- 18 x 24 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows* with powerful Console 2.0 software control
- Cascade up to 4 Apollo interfaces and 6 UAD devices total over Thunderbolt (Mac)
- Convenient front panel monitoring functions including Alt Speakers, and assignable Dim or Mono
- Includes "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" UAD plug-in bundle with 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Raw Distortion, Softube Amp Rooms, legacy LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, and more
- World class UA analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Next-Generation Apollo A/D and D/A Conversion
- -Apollo 8 improves upon the original Apollo's gold-standard audio quality with completely redesigned, class-leading A/D and D/A conversion - giving you increased dynamic range and even lower THD. This results in breathtaking clarity, depth, and accuracy in your recordings, from tracking and overdubbing, to mixing and mastering.
- Realtime UAD Plug-In Processing for Tracking, Mixing, and Mastering
- -While Apollo 8's "natural" sound is very open and transparent, it can quickly deliver a stunning range of classic analog tones and color via its Realtime UAD Processing. Available with UAD-2 DUO processing onboard, Apollo's DSP Acceleration allows for recording through UAD Powered Plug-Ins - with as low as sub-2ms latency - letting you monitor and "print" audio using classic analog emulations from Ampex, Lexicon, Manley, Neve, Roland, SSL, Studer, and more.*
- -The Apollo 8's bundled "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" suite of UAD plug-ins gives you the UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Raw Distortion, Softube Amp Rooms, legacy LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, and more, so you have a rack full of bonafide audio classics, right out of the box.
- -Using Apollo, UAD plug-ins are also available during mixing and mastering, putting UAD plug-ins (VST, RTAS, AU, AAX 64) at your disposal throughout the creative process.
- Four Mic Preamps with Unison™ Technology
- -A Universal Audio breakthrough, Apollo 8's Unison technology gives you the tone of the world's most sought-after tube and solid state mic preamps - including their impedance, gain stage "sweet spots," and component-level circuit behaviors.
- -Based on unprecedented hardware-software integration between Apollo's mic preamps and its onboard UAD plug-in processing, Unison lets you record through stunning emulations like the bundled UA 610-B Tube Preamp plug-in, or exclusive preamp emulations from API and Neve.
- -Unison technology is further enhanced in Apollo 8 to include its panel Hi-Z instrument inputs, giving you dead-on impedance and gain matching for new stompbox models.
- Apollo Expanded and Console 2.0
- -Thanks to Apollo Expanded software, users of Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin, Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, and Apollo 16 audio interfaces can combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices - adding I/O and DSP as their studio grows. Apollo Expanded also permits integration with previous generation Apollo over Thunderbolt.
- -With Apollo 8's Console 2.0 application - a complete re-imagining of Apollo's original Console software - you can take advantage of over 25 user-requested features such as Channel Strip presets, Drag & Drop functionality, dynamically resizable windows, and more.
- Improved Monitoring and Workflow Apollo 8 features a host of front-panel upgrades over the original Apollo, including Alt Speakers, Dim, and Mono functions as well as input and output metering capabilities via the new Meter button. These features combine with Apollo's system scalability to make it the new standard in professional multi-channel audio recording.
- *All trademarks are recognized as property of their respective owners. Individual UAD Powered Plug-Ins sold separately.