Universal Audio Apollo Twin USB Heritage Edition Audio Interface, DUO, Windows Only
The Heritage Edition includes a superb Apollo interface and an enhanced library of authentically-modelled UAD analogue plugins.
If you already own one or more of the Heritage Editon UAD plug-ins, you can automatically choose a replacement from an alternate list whilst you’re registering your product.
The Universal Audio Apollo Twin Duo is a 2x6 audio interface with 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion. It’s great for producers with little space and need to keep their studio compact, or are only dealing with a few instruments.
For the inputs, there are 2 XLR / Line / Instrument combo jacks, and an optical input so you can connect up to 8 other inputs through a separate digital input device.
For outputs, there’s the main ¼” monitor outputs and two ¼” line outs and a headphone output so you can record without disturbing your neighbours and two Unison-enabled preamps which can emulate the tone of well-known outboard brands such as Studio State Logic and Neve.
The product is now compatible with Windows, having previously only been available for Mac OS with Thunderbolt connector, but now you can connect through USB 3.0 to Windows 7 and Windows 8 compatible systems with USB 3 connections. The layout, sound and workflow is exactly the same as the other version.
The Universal Audio Apollo Twin Duo 2x6 USB 3 audio interface allows record your music through the full compliment of UAD plugins from Studer, Manley, Neve, Lexicon, Marshall and more which basically puts racks of vintage gear like compressors and eq's at your fingertips. You can apply UAD pre amp modelling and effects in real time using Apollo's class leading pre amps.
The product is finally compatible with Windows, having previously only been available for Mac OS with Thunderbolt connector, but now you can connect via USB3 to Windows 7 and Windows 8 compatible systems with USB 3 connections. The layout, sound and workflow is exactly the same as the other version.
This product is perfect for professionals and people looking for the next step up in their audio interface requirements.
With its class-leading resolution and Realtime UAD Processing, Apollo Twin sets a new standard for desktop music production.
This 2x6 Thunderbolt interface for Mac and Windows allows you to record with near-zero latency through the full range of UAD Powered Plug-Ins — ingeniously merging classic analog tones with cutting-edge features.
Apollo Twin features two Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, and Universal Audio. An Apollo exclusive, Unison technology nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid state mic pres - including their input impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and the component-level circuit behaviours of the original hardware.
The secret to Unison is its hardware-software integration between Apollo Twin’s mic preamps and its onboard UAD-2 DUO Core DSP Acceleration. Simply place a Unison preamp plug-in on your mic input, and tap into the classic sounds of the world’s most recorded mic preamps.
Beyond the included Realtime Analog Classics plug-ins, Apollo Twin lets you tap into the full library award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins — including vintage EQs, Compressors, Reverbs, Tape Machines and more — at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software’s buffer size and without taxing your computer's CPU.
With exclusive emulations from Neve, Studer, Manley, API, Ampex, Lexicon, Fender, and more,† it's like having an endless analog studio, right on your desktop. And unlike competing interfaces, these DSP-powered plug-ins are also available in your DAW for mixing.
Of course, the heart of any audio interface is the quality of its conversion. With the highest dynamic range and lowest noise of any desktop interface, Apollo Twin gives you stellar 24-bit/192 kHz sound and breathtaking clarity. Its premium Unison mic preamps, input stage, and audio conversion are identical to the famed Apollo series, translating into rich three-dimensional recordings with exceptional depth and punch.
- Desktop 2x6 USB 3 audio interface for Windows 7/8 with world-class 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
- Realtime UAD Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero (sub-2ms) latency*
- USB 3 connection to modern Windows systems
- Unison™ technology provides stunning models of classic mic preamps
- 2 premium mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
- 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical connection
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Includes Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy versions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus stunning guitar and bass amp emulations from Softube, Raw Distortion, 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more
- Console 2.0 software features Channel Strip presets, Drag & Drop functionality, dynamically resizable windows, and more
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, & AAX 64 in all major DAWs
- *Apollo Twin USB includes the "Realtime Analog Classics" UAD plug-in bundle. All other plug-ins are sold separately at www.uaudio.com. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.