Universal Audio UAFX Astra Modulation Machine Pedal
Overview by GAK
This could be the last modulation pedal you’ll ever need! We highly recommend the Astra Modulation Machine if you need a highly versatile mod solution, where each mode is flexible and defines studio-quality sound. If you’ve ever used Universal Audio’s acclaimed software, you’ll know how spot-on their emulation of classic mod units sound.
The Astra Modulation Machine is part of Universal Audio’s groundbreaking UAFX pedal range. They’ve managed to condense their expertise at creating incredibly realistic emulations of classic gear into a hands-on stompbox format. Whether you’re a guitarist, a synthesist or any other kind of instrumentalist, you can now experience UA’s stunning effects away from the computer.
As you can probably tell by the name, the Astra Modulation Machine is the mod pedal in the range. Just like the Golden Reverberator and Starlight Echo Station, the Astra is powered by a dual-processor engine - which enables it to emulate classic mod effects with stunning realism.
All-In-One Modulation Unit
UA’s Astra Modulation Machine comes equipped with three algorithms, with each one featuring a secondary mode - effectively giving you six beautiful mod effects to play with. Using the controls for Depth, Intensity, Shade and Shape, you have more scope for tweaking than what the original units have to offer - allowing you to take these iconic effect sounds to new places.
You’ve got Chorus Brigade/Vibrato (based on an analogue 70’s bucket brigade stompbox), Flanger/DBLR (replicates the flanging/doubling effect of legendary studio racks) and Trem 65 (sine & square modes, sonically identical to the lush opto tube trem from a mid-60’s Blackface amp).
That’s not all, as the Astra Modulation is capable of downloading additional effects via the USB input on the rear. Once you’ve registered your new pedal, you can download two effects totally free - Phaser X90 and Dharma Trem 61.
- Flagship modulation pedal with powerful dual-processor UAFX engine
- Three timeless modulation effects, with secondary modes and settings
- Simple Live/Preset modes for instant recall of your favorite sound
- Additional downloadable effects by the world-renowned UAD algorithm team
- True or buffered bypass, silent switching (True/Buffered bypass available via UAFX Control software - coming Spring 2021)
- Classic UA analog design and craftsmanship, built to last decades
- Power requirements: Isolated 9VDC, center-negative, 400mA minimum (Power supply sold separately)
- Inputs: 2 x ¼” TS (input 2 for stereo connections)
- Outputs: 2 x ¼” TS (output 2 for stereo connections)
- USB Type-C for updates via computer