Universal Audio Golden Reverberator Pedal
Overview by GAK
This is one of the most versatile, powerful and authentic reverb pedals we’ve ever used! If you’re looking for a reverb effect that is feature-packed and can authentically pull off multiple flavours of 'verb with ease, the UAFX Golden Reverberator is a top choice. If you’re familiar with Universal Audio’s incredible reverb plugins, you know you’re in for a treat with this pedal. If you aren’t, you need to plug into a Golden Reverberator today and found out why UA are so acclaimed.
The Golden Reverberator is a member of the UAFX family, a range of groundbreaking effect pedals. Universal Audio have managed to harness their beloved emulations of classic reverbs and put them into a hands-on pedal format. This pedal can add instant depth and a lush texture to any instrument you use it with, from electric guitars to synths.
Just like its siblings, the Astra Modulation Machine and the Starlight Echo Station, the Golden Reverberator has a dual-processor engine under-the-hood. This gives it the power it needs to emulate iconic reverb units with unbelievable authenticity.
All-In-One Reverb Unit
UA’s Golden Reverberator comes with three algorithms (with three variations within each one!) and you can shape the tone to your liking with the Mix, Decay, Pre-Delay, Treble and Bass controls. Each mode features its own Modulation, perfect for those ethereal washes and ambiences.
There’s Spring 65 (hyper-realistic vintage spring emulation with three “Golden Unit” tanks to choose from), Plate 140 (replicates the legendary EMT rack, with three distinctive studio plate modes) and Hall 224 (one of the all-time definitive reverb sounds, capable of endless tails - Room, Small Hall and Large Hall modes).
Whilst the Golden Reverberator is a complete reverb solution in its own right, Universal Audio have gone a step further by giving you the ability to expand its sonic palette with downloadable algorithms. Once you’ve registered your Golden Reverberator, you can download the Plate and Chamber 224 effects for free!
- Flagship reverb emulation pedal with powerful dual-processor UAFX engine
- Three classic reverb sounds, with available modulation on each effect
- Simple Live/Preset modes for instant recall of your favorite sound
- Additional downloadable effects by the world-renowned UAD algorithm team
- True or buffered bypass, spillover/tails, silent switching (True/Buffered bypass available via UAFX Control software - coming Spring 2021)
- Analog dry through, stereo/dual mono operation
- Classic UA analog design and craftsmanship, built to last decades
- Power requirements: Isolated 9VDC, center-negative, 400mA minimum (Power supply sold separately)
- Inputs: 2 x ¼” TS (input 2 for stereo connections)
- Outputs: 2 x ¼” TS (output 2 for stereo connections)
- USB Type-C for updates via computer
Best sounding reverb pedal I've owned out of Strymon Flint, Empress Reverb, Meris Mercury 7 and Walrus Fathom. This is leagues ahead in terms of sound quality. Amazingly accurate spring and plate, and the Lexicon 224 setting has all the ambient goodness you'll ever need. Beautiful.