Universal Audio SD-1 Standard Dynamic Microphone
The Universal Audio SD-1 is UA's flagship dynamic microphone for recording and live use, featuring a cardioid polar pattern, selectable low cut and articulation boost switches, and Apollo Channel Strip Presets for instant pro sound.
With the SD-1 Standard Dynamic Microphone, you can capture vocals, instruments, livestreams, and podcasts like a pro, quickly giving you polished studio sound that's broadcast-ready.
- Capture close-miked vocals and instruments with a classic dynamic cardioid mic
- Get natural-sounding recordings with SD-1’s flat, wide-range frequency response
- Add clarity and presence with low-cut and enhanced articulation boost switches
- Shape vocals and instruments with included SD-1 Apollo Channel Strip Presets
Capture close-miked vocals and instruments with a classic dynamic cardioid mic Get natural-sounding recordings with SD-1's flat, wide-range frequency response Add clarity and presence with low-cut and enhanced articulation boost switches Shape vocals and instruments with included SD-1 Apollo Channel Strip Presets
Get Pro Vocals, Anywhere
The SD-1 delivers studio-grade sound and style, no matter where you record. It’s tailor-made for close-miked speech and vocals, with a simple dynamic design that naturally rejects background noises like fans, refrigerators, and noisy bandmates.
Shape your Sound with Quick Controls
Reduce rumble and mud from recordings with the SD-1's selectable low cut filter. And with its enhanced articulation boost, vocals and instruments will instantly stand out with added presence.
Sound Like the Pros with Apollo Channel Strip Presets
Take the guesswork out of getting polished sound with Apollo's custom SD-1 mic presets, featuring radio-ready EQ and compression settings for vocals, guitars, and broadcasts.
Deck Out your Desktop Studio
With a sleek modern design and rear-mounted XLR jack for easy cable runs, the SD-1 will instantly level-up your production space. Whether it’s music, podcasts, livestreams, or Zoom meetings, your new go-to home studio mic has arrived.
Capture your Best Recordings Yet
The SD-1 features an internal shockmount and built-in windscreen, meaning your recordings and livestreams will automatically sound cleaner, with less handling noise and breath sound.
- Microphone Type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 50 Hz – 16 kHz
- Sensitivity: -58 dB (1.3 mV) ref 1V at 1 Pa, 1 kHz
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: > 1 K Ohms
- Adjustable Controls:
- -Low Cut Filter (200 Hz): Off, On
- -Articulation Boost (3 – 5 kHz): Off, On
- Connector: 3-Pin XLRM
- Included Accessory: 5/8 in to 3/8 in Thread Adapter
- Dimensions: 7.68 in (195 mm) length, 2.36 in (60 mm) diameter
- Weight: 1.6 lbs (735 g)
No upgrades available