Universal Audio Starlight Echo Station Pedal
Overview by GAK
This pedal is a full-on delay workstation where each mode sounds as good as the unit it’s based on, with extra tweaks and controls that take these sounds to the next-level. If you’re in the market for a compact, comprehensive and powerful delay solution, we can’t recommend the Starlight Echo more highly. If you’ve experienced any of Universal Audio’s software emulations of iconic delay units, you’ll know that they’re hard to beat for depth and realism.
The Starlight Echo Station is part of the UAFX series of cutting-edge pedals. With this range, Universal Audio have cleverly condensed their highly acclaimed software into a hands-on stompbox form factor. This is a huge advantage if you’re an instrumentalist and want to use these incredible effects away from the computer.
A lot of power is needed to pull off these delays emulations with such stunning accuracy and detail, which is why the Starlight Echo Station (like the Golden Reverberator and Astra Modulation Machine) is equipped with a powerful dual-processor.
All-In-One Delay Unit
UA’s Starlight Echo is fully equipped to handle all your delay needs, with three legendary delay effects at your disposal. Each algorithm boasts three variations, giving you plenty of tonal versatility. There’s a tap tempo switch for easy syncing up, six subdivisions and two dual-delay modes. With the Mod and Colour (replicates the warm crunch of a delay’s pre-amp, EP-III and DMM only) knobs, you can dial in some truly lush soundscapes.
There’s Tape EP-III (beautiful recreation of the Echoplex EP-3 tape echo), Analog DMM (replicates the warm nuance of the Deluxe Memory Man BBD delay) and Precision (crystalline digital delay with heaps of modulation options).
Whilst the Starlight Echo can cover virtually all delay applications with its built-in algorithms, Universal Audio have gone beyond by allowing you to add additional types via the USB port. As soon as you register your Starlight Echo, you can import the Cooper Cube Time effect - a garden hose delay that was popularised by Jack White.
- Flagship delay pedal with powerful dual-processor UAFX engine
- Three legendary delay effects, with available tap tempo, subdivisions, and more
- Optional preamp coloration (Tape EP-III, Analog DMM)
- Simple Live+Tap/Preset modes for instant recall of your favorite sound
- Additional downloadable effects by the world-renowned UAD algorithm team
- True or buffered bypass, spillover/tails, silent switching (True/Buffered bypass available via UAFX Control software - coming Spring 2021)
- Analog dry through, stereo/dual mono operation
- Classic UA analog design and craftsmanship, built to last decades
- Power requirements: Isolated 9VDC, center-negative, 400mA minimum (Power supply sold separately)
- Inputs: 2 x ¼” TS (input 2 for stereo connections)
- Outputs: 2 x ¼” TS (output 2 for stereo connections)
- USB Type-C for updates via computer
No upgrades available
Sounds incredible. I remember when strymon el capistan came out and I always wanted it to have ping pong rhythmic divisions with the tape crinkle splice in the mix, well this one dose that and more. Sounds very authentic. The box it arrives in has a velvet texture and inside the box is all black padded cushion material. Super premium stuff. The pedal is a navy colour in person as in the videos iv seen it looks black we're the controls are. Doesn't come with an ac adapter.