Universal Audio UAD-2 Live Rack MADI Effects Processor, Ultimate
Universal Audio UAD-2 Live Rack Ultimate Product Overview by GAK
A 16-channel MADI effects processor, the UAD-2 Live Rack gives sound engineers the ability to use UAD's industry-leading plug-ins in their live mixes. By connecting up to four Rack units it's possible to get 64 channels of MADI signal processing.
The unit features Real-time UAD QUAD Core Processing, giving you the ability to use the UAD Powered library of 90 plug-ins, including the legendary 1176 and Teletronix LA-2A compressors, and Pultec EQs. The effects processor also comes with Antares Autotune on top of their respective plugin bundles for free.
The unit is used alongside the Live Rack application which gives you intuitive controls such as copy and paste, keyboard navigation and easy drag and drop. Specifically designed for use in a live setting, the app features large text and GUI elements for ease of use on the fly. You will also benefit from MIDI snapshot recall, allowing you to quickly bring up previous mix settings.
There are a number of fail-safe features on the Live Rack. There is more than one power supply, which means you are covered if one fails, the other will take over. Likewise, if the app crashes the unit will continue running in safe mode with the last known plug-in state intact.
- 16-channel MADI effects processor for live mixing w/ Realtime UAD QUAD Core Processing and UAD plug-ins
- Process with acclaimed UAD Powered Plug-Ins while mixing live sound — including no latency pitch correction with Antares Auto-Tune Realtime
- Includes over 90 UAD plug-ins including exclusive titles from Antares, Studer SSL, Neve, Manley, Lexicon, API, Fender, Moog, and many more
- Allows use of any licensed UAD plug-in(s) in users’ UAD accounts*
- Combine 4 units for up to 64 channels of Optical MADI signal processing
- Store configuration Snapshot files for easy recall of all show settings
- Load Snapshot configurations via MIDI or Soundcraft Vi CUE function
- Connects to Soundcraft Vi consoles via Ethernet for Snapshot CUE control
- Thunderbolt 3 connectivity for Macs (for plug-in control only)