Vox AC30HWH Handwired 30W Amp Head
The Vox AC30HWH Handwired 30W Amp Head uses the painstaking technique of turret board hand-wiring to ensure a signal path which is as efficient as it is beautiful. This requires a high skill level and craftsmanship and the result means that there is minimal signal-loss or restriction in amplitude.
Sonically the Vox AC30HWH Handwired 30W Amp Head is rich, with deep bass and the classic sparkling top-boost chime-like clean sounds which have made these amplifiers so revered over the last 60 years. The Birch-Ply constructed amplifier is finished in a classic Fawn white vinyl covering which is reminiscent of the original 1960's AC30. The Vox AC30HWH Handwired 30W Amp Head is driven by a quartet of EL84 Power tubes, 3 x 12AX7 Pre-amp tubes and a single GZ34 Rectifier tube. There is also a half wattage switch to run the head at lower volumes.
Includes a Vox dust cover. (Vox V212HWX speaker cabinet sold separately)
- AC30 Hand-Wired Head/Cab
- VOX Hand-Wired Series Specificaitons
- Output Power: 30 Watts RMS into 8/16 Ohms
- Tube Complement: Preamp: ECC83/12AX7 (x3), Power amp: EL84 (x4), Rectifier: GZ34
- Inputs: NORMAL Channel Jacks: HIGH (x1); LOW (x1) TOP BOOST Channel Jacks: HIGH (x1); LOW (x1) FOOT SWITCH Jack
- Outputs: POWER OUTPUT Jacks (x2 for external/extension speakers)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 705 x 260 x 250 mm / 27.76 x 10.24 x 9.84 inches
- Weight: 18.8 kg / 41.5 lbs.
- Included items: Power cable, VFS1 footswitch, Dust cover, High-performance VOX custom speaker cable
No upgrades available
Beautiful looking, solid and robust. Sound? (which is what matters!) I'm writing this before I've had time to play with it much, but it is flexible in terms of what you can do and I do love the tone. More manageable than the AC30 Combo's, although heavy, not as heavy as the combo and thus not so awkward to lug around. Seen one gigged, sounded lovely and sat in/came through the mix beautifully. Looking forward to matching some pedals with it....!