Vox AV30 Analog Valve Amp
The Vox AV30 brings you the signing tone and stunning presence of a valve amp in an affordable, multi-voice package.
The AV series is a new concept for Vox and the idea is to bring an amp that give versatile tube tube tone yet excels in affordability. Featuring 12AX7 driven preamp and power amp sections, these amps feature eight distinct analog preamp circuits that create eight types of tube sound ranging from transparently clean to crunchy chime and modern high-gain. Special attention was paid to the analog design, which is painstakingly constructed from a staggering number of components. The classic tones of the AV range are further enhanced by a customisable tube equipped analog power section and a unique, sealed speaker enclosure for improved resonance. Rounding out the feature set are three high-quality effects including Chorus, Delay & Reverb. These are perhaps the most revolutionary tube amps in all of VOX's long history.
- Eight analog preamp circuits to reproduce the sounds of eight tube amps, from clean to high-gain, with careful attention paid to circuit design and selection of parts
- Pre- and power-amp sections use the 12AX7 dual triode tube, delivering real tube sound
- Four modes modify the response of the vacuum tube peripheral circuitry
- High-quality modulation, delay, and reverb effects are built-in
- The cabinet is constructed with an integrated baffle for efficient sound projection
- The speaker unit is mounted from the front, providing loud, clear, and spacious sound
- A proprietary bass-reflex structure delivers natural sound balance
- Power level control allows the volume to be adjusted while maintaining the tonal character
- Headphone out is equipped with a cabinet simulator for realistic sound & presence
- Send/return and speaker output are provided (AV30/60 only)
- Hi-fi spec AUX input allows an audio input source to be faithfully reproduced
- An optional footswitch can be used to switch channels (AV30/60 only) or effects
- Available in three models: a compact 15W model, or the two-channel 30W/60W models
No upgrades available
Really good amp - much bigger than expected. Is a practice amp for me but could easily do smaller gigs with it.
Great amp - nice tone and really controllable volume for smaller venues and practice.
Great for practicing or small gig (pub club) size venue
I’m a relative newbie to guitar but am learning fast and wanted to upgrade from my cheap 10 watt amp. This amp is amazing, the valves give a lovely rich tone and the level and control over the two channels will give me all i’ll Ever need. I use it with boss pedals and a Gretsch Jet Club guitar, and here’s the important bit, it makes me sound better than I am!
This is an amazingly versatile amp - delivering the range of sounds that I want and more ... so much more to learn. I wanted to find out about the finesse of using a tube amp and this is the perfect teacher.