Vox AV60 Analog Valve Amp
The Vox AV60 brings you the signing tone and stunning presence of a valve amp in an affordable, multi-voice package.
The AV series is a new concept for Vox and the idea is to bring an amp that give versatile tube tube tone yet excels in affordability. Featuring 12AX7 driven preamp and power amp sections, these amps feature eight distinct analog preamp circuits that create eight types of tube sound ranging from transparently clean to crunchy chime and modern high-gain. Special attention was paid to the analog design, which is painstakingly constructed from a staggering number of components. The classic tones of the AV range are further enhanced by a customisable tube equipped analog power section and a unique, sealed speaker enclosure for improved resonance. Rounding out the feature set are three high-quality effects including Chorus, Delay & Reverb. These are perhaps the most revolutionary tube amps in all of VOX's long history.
- Eight analog preamp circuits to reproduce the sounds of eight tube amps, from clean to high-gain, with careful attention paid to circuit design and selection of parts
- Pre- and power-amp sections use the 12AX7 dual triode tube, delivering real tube sound
- Four modes modify the response of the vacuum tube peripheral circuitry
- High-quality modulation, delay, and reverb effects are built-in
- The cabinet is constructed with an integrated baffle for efficient sound projection
- The speaker unit is mounted from the front, providing loud, clear, and spacious sound
- A proprietary bass-reflex structure delivers natural sound balance
- Power level control allows the volume to be adjusted while maintaining the tonal character
- Headphone out is equipped with a cabinet simulator for realistic sound & presence
- Send/return and speaker output are provided (AV30/60 only)
- Hi-fi spec AUX input allows an audio input source to be faithfully reproduced
- An optional footswitch can be used to switch channels (AV30/60 only) or effects
- Available in three models: a compact 15W model, or the two-channel 30W/60W models
Very good amp in this price bracket. Good range of amp models to select, straight forward controls. More versatile than my AC30 and half the weight. Only used at rehearsals to date but seems powerful enough for small venues. Would recommend VFS5 foot switch for live work.
Better than expected lovely tones still experimenting
Just got to get use to it
very easy to use i tried a few modelling type amps before i purchased the av 60, i found i was fiddling about trying to get the sound i wanted more than i was playing the guitar,but this amp is ideal easy to to use and sound,s great