Vox MV50 AC 50W Nutube Portable Head
Vox MV50 AC Product Overview by GAK
The MV50 from Vox is an amp head constructed with Analog sound in mind. Combining classic amp design with the more innovative techniques to create the ultimate amp. With 50 watts of power onboard the MV50 gives you amazing guitar tone, similar to the classic tube amps of old.
Onboard you will find an all analog pre-amp circuit which features the revolutionary Nutube vacuum tube, delivering perfect tube tone at a much lower price. There is also a Class D power amp designed specifically for the MV50.
Extremely easy to use, you can connect the Head straight to a mixer, headphones or an interface through the line/headphone out socket.
Vox MV50 AC Product Overview
Designed with an emphasis on analog, VOX’s MV50 combines classic amplifier design with new and innovative production techniques to produce a miniature amplifier with truly monstrous sound. Boasting an incredible 50 watts of power, this one-pound package serves up serious guitar tone that’s reminiscent of your favorite old tube amps. With speaker & line/headphone outputs, the MV50 is perfect for the stage, at home, or in the studio for direct recording.
The MV50 is equipped an all-analog pre-amp circuit that features Nutube, a revolutionary new vacuum tube that produces authentic tube tone at a fraction of the size. By taking advantage of this incredible new technology, VOX’s engineers were able to design a true, miniature tube amplifier. Beyond the inclusion of Nutube, the pre-amp circuit in the MV50 features a staggering number of analog components that effectively reproduce the dynamic character of a traditional tube amp. Paired with this innovative pre-amp circuit is a reliable and efficient Class D power amp that has been specifically designed for the MV50. From warm, natural cleans to dynamic overdrives, this power amp has been engineered to respond to the nuances of your guitar and, of course, your technique.
Though designed with the compact BC108 in mind, the MV50 is a perfect match for nearly any speaker cabinet. The EQ switch on the back of the amplifier features two distinct settings, FLAT & DEEP. When connected to a small cabinet, such as the BC108, setting the amplifier to the DEEP mode will emphasize the rich low-frequency range and prevent the high frequencies from becoming too pronounced. When connected to a larger, more conventional speaker cabinet, setting the amplifier to the FLAT mode will allow you to take full advantage of the characteristics of the speaker cabinet, without emphasizing or reducing any frequency range.
When it comes time to practice or record, the MV50’s line/headphone out can be directly to a mixer, audio interface, or your favorite pair of headphones. VOX’s design team consulted with highly experienced recording engineers and used only the finest microphones and vintage pre-amps to design the cabinet simulation circuit in the MV50. This cleverly designed circuit allows you to record or practice with serious studio sound anywhere or anytime.
- Only 500 grams (1.1lbs)! An ultra-compact amp head that you can easily carry in one hand
- Monstrous sound with 50W of output power, all in an unbelievable size
- Equipped with an analog preamp driven by Nutube, the new vacuum tube that shrinks the size of
- conventional tubes, but retains the tone
- Three distinct amplifier voices are offered: Clean, AC, and Rock
- MV50’s circuit design was meticulously crafted to closely resemble classic analog circuitry
- Equipped with a Class D power amp for quiet, efficient and reliable performance
- EQ Switch adds or cuts low-end for pairing with a variety of cabinets
- Line/headphone out with cabinet emulation for direct recording or performance
- Retro-chic design with a mirror-finish front and VU meter
- An ideal match with VOX’s new speaker cabinets, the BC108 and BC112