Wampler Hot Wired V2 Brent Mason Dual Overdrive Distortion Pedal
The Wampler Hot Wired V2 is built on the foundations of v1 and stands alone in terms of versatility. The studio scene in Nashville has changed over the last few years, so Wampler had to change the Hot Wired to mirror the industry Brent works in. As you probably already know, v1 was geared towards all out chickin' pickin' and beyond - v2 brings you a broader range of subtlety in channel 1 that mirrors Brent's work today. You can still find the chickin' pickin' tones, but you can also find a deeper, warmer overdrive section that will allow you to play as smooth as you like. With the added blend control, you won't believe how fat your tone can be without it sounding too overdriven. Channel 2 still has the same "Plexi" flavour that Brent loves.
Two pedals in one (overdrive and distortion), this is without doubt one of the most versatile pedals available today. One channel has all your overdrive needs, from a gentle break up to all out crunch, the other gives you dirt... Loads of fat, creamy distortion that is tonally perfect from top to bottom. If need be you can stack them both together for a huge, huge sound.
Most people think they've never heard of Brent Mason. We would bet that although you may not recognize the name, chances are huge that you have heard him. Brent is, without doubt, the number 1 session musician working out of Nashville and has been since the early 1990's.
If you have seen 'Friends', 'Bridget Jones Diary' or 'Becker'... Or listened to Shania Twain, Travis Tritt, Alan Jackson, George Strait or any other of the hundreds of artists that call Brent first when they need a guitar player on their recording, you've heard him. It's getting to the point now where Brent is probably one of the most recorded guitar players in history.
- Hand made in the U.S.A.
- High grade film capacitors and resistors picked for their superior sound and response
- Completely true bypass
- Power draw: 17mA
- Battery connection and 9v power jack (barrel plug like Boss)
- Built to Brent's specs exactly
- 2 separate pedals in one box, each with their own gain structure - volume|tone|gain (clean blend on channel 1)
- Bass boost switch on each channel (2 extra stages)
- 4.5" x 4.5" in size (114.3mm x 114.3mm)
- Brent's personal pedal is the exact same as the ones we build for everyone
- Both channels can be used at the same time for ultimate "stacking" tones