Warm Audio WA-14 Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
Warm Audio WA-14 Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone overview from GAK
The Warm Audio WA-14 is a large condenser microphone based closely on a similar microphone popularised in the 1970s and used to record a large number of infamous hit records. It features a custom all-brass CK12-style capsule, CineMag USA transformer, and a fully discrete signal path.
At the heart of the WA-14 is its WA-12 B-60V capsule, featuring an all-brass, edge-terminated designed to capture the warm vintage sonics synonymous with the original CK12 capsule of the 70s. In order to obtain the infamous 70's tonality, Warm Audio has used brass as the material for the o-ring and main housing, combined with a 24k gold sputtered 6-micron diaphragm and NOS PET film. The result is a frequency response and tonality that mirrors the original 1970s models almost perfectly.
The WA-14 features three selectable pickup patterns including cardioid, figure of eight and omnidirectional, making it a highly-versatile microphone apt for a large number of recording scenarios. Whether recording vocals, guitar, duets and interviews, the over-head capture of drums or piano or any number of sound sources, the WA-14 can adapt and produce the recording you require.
*COMES WITH SHOCK MOUNT, HARD MOUNT AND LEATHER CARRY CASE*
- • Large diaphragm condenser microphone with variable pad and three polar patterns
- • Features custom WA-12-B-60V edge-terminated, dual-backplate, all-brass vintage CK12-style capsule
- • Custom CineMag USA transformer
- • Frequency range: 20Hz to 20kHz
- • Output pad: 0dB, -10dB, -20dB
- • Polar Patterns: Cardioid, figure of eight and omnidirectional
- • Output Impedance: 150 ohms
- • 3-pin gold plated XLR
- • Requires +48V phantom power
- • Includes shock mount and hard mount
- • Color: black