Warm Audio WA-412 4 Channel Mic Preamp
Warm Audio WA-412 4 Channel Mic Preamp overview from GAK
Warm Audio's WA-412 boasts 4 channels of classic style American console preamps, contained within a studio ready 1RU body. A distinct tonal quality of this style of preamp is a BIG punchy low end and smooth top end, hailed by many as the "sound of rock and roll". With its discrete socketed 6-pin opamps and custom wound Altran USA input and output transformers, the WA-412 captures these distinct qualities perfectly, a robust studio ready preamplifier bursting with character.
The WA-412 features a number of high-quality components including output trim and tone switches (transformer input impedance) on every channel, for precise gain structuring and tonal changes. The tone switch gives you the choice between the warm tone synonymous with classic consoles or a more open and neutral tone.
The WA-412 offers high headroom with little to no distortion thanks to a fully discrete socketed 6-pin opamp in every channel. These opamps are user-replaceable giving you the option to switch up your tones using your own collection.
Made in the USA, the high-quality input and output transformers have been created by Altran, designed to extend the low-frequency response, a trait synonymous with the classic console preamps. Furthermore, the WA-412's vintage tonal character is also characterized by its transformers that utilize an old-school winding technique that produces a "very distinct smooth BIG character".
Each channel features a microphone, XLR & active instrument input, TONE button input impedance and 48v phantom power (switchable). Coloured LED metering on each channel keeps your levels in check and a precise output trim knob keeps you in control of levels and tonal sculpting.
Built with passion and precision, the Warm Audio WA-412 combines high-end components and circuitry to give you a solid 4 channel preamp with bags of classic American character.
- 4 Channel Microphone Preamplifier + Instrument DI
- Fully discrete, transformer coupled, through-hole component topology
- Altran USA custom wound, premium input and output transformers
- X520 discrete op-amp in every channel, socketed for convenience. Can be user-replaced with most 6 pin, discrete op-amps for varying flavor & tone
- 65db of gain
- Inputs - Microphone XLR & Active Instrument 2Meg ohm HI-Z
- Outputs - Transformer balanced XLR & TRS
- TONE button input impedance - Switches from 600 ohms to 150 ohms (affects the tone of both the mic and HI-Z inputs)
- -20db pad - pads both mic and instrument DI inputs
- Self noise: <-90dB (nominal)
- Frequency response: 20hz to 20khz <+/-0.25dB (TONE button out), 20hz to 20khz +/-2dB (TONE button in)
- +48 volt phantom power
- LED metering
- Output trim knob for precise level control and tone sculpting
- Internal power supply (grounded, 3 pin IEC cord)
No upgrades available